Preview [WIP] Carbonated Soda

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by alexPato7, Oct 23, 2010.

1. alexPato7

alexPato7 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

C&C please. obviously will change alot, but this is just some icons thrown together. calculator, maps, and music definitely need a bit of work

mail icon

2. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    I like it so far.
    hope to see more of this theme.
    will this be available for iP4 and iPT4?
  3. iDestiny

iDestiny Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Personally, I dislike 3D shading, but the icons themselves are ok. Individually, the icons look better by themselves, than in a set. The main reason is that you have used bevel on some icons, but not on others. The contrast between the style of the calendar icon and contacts icon is particularly prominent. With the music icon, I believe that the turny knob thing shouldn't be blurry, but much more defined.

Calculator and Calendar look as if they should be in a set together. With the mail icon, the mailbox idea is good, but it takes me a while to work out that it's a mailbox that I am looking at. The bulgy front bit of the mailbox I believe should have more shadows to make it more defined as a seperate 'part' of the icon, I suppose.

The leaf on water icon should be for the Compass app, if it's not already.

I think the magenta on the map icon looks a bit dodgy, try using white instead? With the calculator, make sure that the 'cross' part of it does not extend beyond the boundaries of the icon.

Also, try to keep the 'viewpoints' of your icons the same. The oblique slant you put on the appstore icon should either be applied to the rest of your icons or removed. Most of your icons are done front-on, and again this contrasts a little to much.

I can see that you certainly have the skill of icon making and creative attributes, but try to work on the application. These icons are beautiful individually, but try to maintain the 'set-ness' of your work. Great job!
  4. alexPato7

alexPato7 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thank you, that is great feedback! and i completely agree with the music icon, the blurriness was something i had in mind that i would fix. and thanks for pointing out the bevel in the contacts icon, i accidentally left that in there. also what do you mean by oblique slant? not sure what that is haha. thanks again
  5. iDestiny

iDestiny Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Basically, your Applestore icon looks like it has 3 dimensions (like the image obtained from a camera which is tilted downwards so we can sort of 'see' into the basket), whereas the rest of your icons look as if the image is obtained from a camera placed on a flat, horizontal surface.

6. alphonse3344

alphonse3344 Well-Known Member

Is the video app suppose to represent the name? xD
    It looks good. You should get some name suggestions.

7. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    is that ur video icon, im sure i saw it somewhere else