Preview (WIP) Blue Ninja: Update

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Johnny Quest, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Johnny Quest

Johnny Quest Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Ok gang, I'm working hard to get this theme done. But I have to sometimes pull away for my butt gets numb for sitting so long. So this will be the official thread for updates.
    I have made some upgrades and here is a sample of my latest update. As always let me know what you think and don't butcher me, be nice with the criticism even if its good or bad. If there is a area which needs adjustments let me know. Thanks.
    here it is.
    I'm thinking maybe having bars across the wallpaper with the icons on them just like the one you see displayed. That would be the dock but what do you think? should it be docks representing the icons? or leave it plain without the dock bars? Let me know. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Me want. *requests to be first beta tester*
    Looked good when you first posted and looks good now. Way too much gloss on the weather icon. I think you should use a 5 icon dock, and they should get bigger on from the outside in, with Maps in the center being the biggest.

EDIT: I think you could pull these off without the gloss layer altogether. It just doesn't look right.
  3. Johnny Quest

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Thanks Vince, I appreciate your suggestions definitely will make those adjustments. Sounds good with the 5 icon dock and you mean something looking like coverflow? what do you mean about beta tester? I don't know what that means. If its the first to do a run test, for sure. and you think I should take out the glossy layer on all icons?
  4. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    i think you could maybe tone down the top bevel/whatever is making it white like that, lower the opacity a bit

the words look pretty bad, would look a lot better in white

i'd maybe take the glare layer and duplicate it and put one on overlay and one on soft light and play with the opacities of both

and i'm still not a fan of the stroke

^beta tester means he wants to get the theme early to 'test' it, not sure why people do that since it's not like it's gonna crash or have bugs or anything
  5. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah basically I just want it before everyone else, @ Crypt things look different actually on the iPod, and so it's nice for theme makers to get peoples' feedback on how the theme actually is hands on, it's better to critique it when you're using it. And I think Crypt summed up what I wanted to see changed. I was gonna mention the text because he is right about it but I figured it'd get changed anyways.
  6. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    I think its good looking for what you have.
  7. Johnny Quest

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Definitely thanks for your tips. Yeah, the text was something I wanted to see how it looked but I will change. I will work on it some more and put up an update. I appreciate all you guys tips, its really helpful. I will tone down those areas and see what I come up with. you guys rock.

will continue tomorrow, I'm tired now. Get a fresh start tomorrow, all day. Any more suggestion is more than welcome. Thanks again.
  8. kmc915

kmc915 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Yes this is looking pretty freakin sweet. Keep up the good work, would also love this in a red, but if not I'll take it!!!
  9. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah I'd like it in all the DarkTouch colors (that's what this reminds me of). So that's blue, crimson, and jade.
  10. Johnny Quest

Device:
    iPhone 6
    ok this is just a test run and for some reason I'm not excited. I'm going back to the drawing board. here is some icons but not all done yet. I just had to stop to see the big picture. what do you think?

Attached Files: