Preview [WIP] AvantGARDE

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by APV, Sep 6, 2009.

1. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    [WIP] AvantGARDE HD (REBOOT!!!)

OK. I had started this theme about a year ago, and though I had done many icons and such, I lost all of the data when my computer went to crap and was replaced. I kinda stopped.

Recently though, I ordered an iPod touch 4. Me, getting all giddy, looked at many themes available... I don't really like them. I mean, sometimes the icons are beautiful but the idea is horribly done, sometimes the idea is amazing but poorly executed... I just wanted a theme that was modern, simplistic, clean, etc... Different from any current phone OS. I wanted something basic and clean, white and black does that.

So I remembered this project, AvantGARDE. I've been looking at the four or so previews I uploaded to the internet, and really am into it again. Plus, I've just started PhotoShop classes again, and would love some side-projects. This will be one.

I really want to start with "HD" icons this time, as the iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4 have come out since I last worked on this, so I'd need to start over anyway... Perfect timing.

I, however, do not have any 4th generation hardware in my hand yet, I will be getting it within the week, and hope to jailbreak it and figure out the file-system for 4.X.X+.

Thanks for waiting! I know it kinda sucks, but I am finally going to be able to do it now. I am excited, and hope it comes out great like the many before me...

Now, which one below looks better? I'm also thinking of making the darker objects have a slight roughed leather texture. Maybe the same for the white too. But not outrageously there, just barely noticeable. (I have been using a Nikon D90 lately and it's a cool texture, would look good.) I want it to be more than a gradient.

Attached Files:

2. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hm, it looks nice. Very simple, not so much detail...but I guess it could look nice as a finished product.
  3. lolwut37

lolwut37 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I like it.
  4. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It looks pretty good. I'm not sure about the text effects on the "Touch to Unlock" though.
  5. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I just quickly did that, I don't know what I would have on the final one.

(edit) I removed the touch to unlock text, and I added a few more dock icons.

The dock icons probably wont have text but the rest will.
  6. nitsua93

nitsua93 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Pretty cool. Keep it goin'
  7. randomdude1234

randomdude1234 Member

i guess itll be good later on but right now,

its lacking a certain detail.

but its great for a first theme
  8. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I'm liking it already
  9. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Yeah, I still would need to make a LOT of the UI elements, too bad the keyboard themes don't work in 3.0.
  10. ssng23

ssng23 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    did you get the name from aerosmith's song avant garden?