Winterboards?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Touchy76, May 3, 2009.

1. Touchy76

Touchy76 New Member

Ok dudes, I am starting to get a good feel now for my jail broken touch (is it ok if I call it that?) Its coming together nicely! My fav Cydia app so far is 'poof', real handy, didnt like the way the categories thing turned out but I suppose that is personal choice, takes too long to load etc, and I think I had too many apps on it anyway, ye get greedy with the apps! I might even use 'poof' to just keep some of them hidden until I feel I wanna use them again!

Ok, so Ive been lookin at the 'show off your jailbroken touch' thread and I want in! Is still all about winterboards etc?? Can somebody kick me off with where I should start on this or point me in the direction of a thread that will give me some info?? I want something futuristic that will allow me the 5 x 5 apps aswell. Is it difficult to sort out?? Taking into account I am a noob and have already had to restore my touch twice, should I be wary of anything??

Thanks lads, this site is deadly - you are all kings amongst men!

Touchy
  2. Firebird94

Firebird94 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok. You can get WinterBoard from cydia. Just download a theme that uses cydia, restart the ipod and then remove the theme if you don't like it. You can get 5 rows of icons and 5 coloumns, but i recommend choosing one unless you have a mini theme. (A theme with smaler icons than usual) Like Abeo. You can also get 5 icons for your dock. That is default in cydia. For five column springboard install: http://cy.sosiphone.com/ into cydia sources. For 5 rows in the springboard add this source: http://cydia.touch-mania.com/

That would be for a normal sprinboard. Just icons. If you would like to have a clock under the status bar and want it to be visible. Then you would have to get blank apps to take up that space so it can be free. Blank apps have a transparent icon, basiclly nothing. If you want icons in the middle of the springboard, its the same thing. To get blank apps you can install iBlank from cydia and put in how many blank apps you want depending on how you want your springboard to look.

The best themes imo (in my opinon) you have to ssh into var/stash/Themes.random numbers and letters. You can apply the themes after you ssh them through winterboard. You have to wait a few seconds for it to respring and then it should apply. If you want to add more icons to the theme then you find the icon, you rename the icon you got Exactly how you see it on your iphone, you ssh it into the theme its for into the icons folder.

Hope this is what your looking for and how it helped

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Brewstermax

Brewstermax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Why would you not SSH into /Library/Themes?
  4. Firebird94

Firebird94 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I didn't say Library/Themes.

I Said var/stash/Themes.random numbers and letters.
  5. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Because not every one has that shortcut.

I dont, Thus i have to do the var etc way.

It come up with an error.
  6. Touchy76

Touchy76 New Member

Thanks a lot for that brewster, I will study this carefully and get cracking on it! Man, I friggin love my iPod touch, do you like yours?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok, I made some headway, down loaded those 2 sources through cydia and installed a theme from sosiphone, only thing is, some of the icons don't have any pictures tothem, just a transparentbox, any ideas about this?