Winterboard

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by macfreak86, Feb 3, 2009.

1. macfreak86

macfreak86 New Member

I just jailbroke my 2nd gen ipod touch using the untethered redsn0w tutorial. When I got to the homescreen after entering all the commands and then setting up the ipod for the first time, I decided to install winterboard first. It's finished installing and now it wants me to reboot my ipod. I know if I do that, I'll lose my jailbreak. So how do I continue without losing the jailbreak? I've already tried pressing home and I just get back to the home screen. When I go back to cydia, it gives me the same reboot device screen. What do I need to do so I don't lose my jailbreak?
  2. shiben589

shiben589 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    u wont hafta rejailbreak, just download a tool that will boot the ipod (see the sticky that lists all the tools and tutorials)
    when u download the tool,turn off ur ipod, put it in DFU, and use the tool to reboot it with ur jailbreak and settings and everything still intact

btw, rebooting doesnt get rid of ur jailbreak, its just that the ipod can sense that its being booted with a "bad" kernel and wont let u boot up
  3. TomPom

TomPom New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You wont lose your jailbreak, you'll just have to hook it back upto your PC/Mac and use the boothelper, or a booter of this website.
  4. Pwnzorz

Pwnzorz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What tutorial were you using? Post the link to it then I can help you.
  5. macfreak86

macfreak86 New Member

So do I just choose reboot device and then put it in dfu and connect, or do I download the tool that puts it in dfu for u and use that? I'm using this guys redsn0w tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuuLY7tyUWs
  6. Toxicrhyme

Toxicrhyme New Member

Macfreak i suggestafter you download Winterboard and your theme's, Sync with your pc, THEN reboot using dfuhelper or 1click. This way your ITunes has a backup config WITH your winterboard included... As i tried to dfu and reboot, and lost winterboard, because i didnt have any backup to restore to with winter.
  7. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  8. fastfreddy101

fastfreddy101 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    just reboot and use 1click
  9. DJ Silence

DJ Silence New Member

am i theh only one who noticed that he said "UNTETHERED"? yeah buddy, its tethered.. the only other term that would describe the jailbreak and have a negative prefix (Like un-...) would be non-persistent. acutally, that is a more accurate term that tethered, etc.
  10. Starkey

Starkey New Member

I need to restart it sometimes if my Wifi is playing up, it's not difficult. Just plug it in, shoot it into DFU and use the reboot tool which is on the forum here. Reboots as if you just switched it on and off again.