Winterboard won't Theme.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Freshmilk1, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Freshmilk1

Freshmilk1 New Member

This seems like a very simple problem, most likely with a very simple solution, however searching didn't turn up any useful results. Basically, I've got winterboard downloaded and installed, and themes within it; The problem is that when I activate any particular theme, nothing happens. I select the theme I want to use, the check mark appears beside it, and it automatically resprings upon exit. Once resprung, however, the theme does not show, I just see the orginal theme. I doubt it has any relevance, but themeing works fine on SBSettings. Perhaps I'm missing a package, or have installed something wrong? Are there any more plugins or applications I need to install in order for Winterboard to work correctly?

I've tried Hard and Soft Reboots, Hard and Soft Resprings, even uninstalling and re-installing Themes / Winterboard itself. If it's of any use, I'm on 2.2.1, and I have a 2G iPod Touch, 16GB.

Thanks in Advance.
  2. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Drag the theme right to the top of the list, see if that helps.
  3. Freshmilk1

Freshmilk1 New Member

I had a feeling it'd be something stupid like that. Some of the theme I've installed are working now, however not all; Are some themes made for lower firmwares, perhaps?
  4. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No, older firmwares were applied by SummerBoard not WinterBoard.
    Some themes, depending on how high they are on the list, will overide aspects of others. What is it that you ware trying to apply but it won't? Maybe a screen shot?
  5. wordlife6272

wordlife6272 New Member

same thing happens to me once in while. Just uninstall winterboard in cydia, install any new theme, install winterboard again, make sure the theme u want is all the way on top and make sure u got nothing else checked. Then exit out and see if it works

if that theme doesnt work, try the other theme u installed, and see if that works

if not, idk wats rong wit ur ipod
  6. PredatorTouch

PredatorTouch Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    I had the same problem, the solution: "shutdown your Ipod, then start it up again." worked for me.

(before you restart, make sure you have no theme's/options selected in winterboard. Select the theme after the restart)