Winterboard won't respring, icon config won't save, etc.

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Tsunio, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Tsunio

Tsunio New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I recently updated a bunch of things (mobile substrate, SBsettings, Winterboard, etc.). Now, all of a sudden, Winterboard won't respring on exit.

Winterboard will turn off and on, applying the last themes I had activated or disabling them entirely, but it will not let me apply new themes or select individual themes I want to disable/apply

In addition, things like my timer settings won't save (even after setting the timer to 45 minutes, it keeps reverting back to 12) and my icons, even once I drag them to a different location, will revert back their original arrangement after a reboot (or sometimes a respring). Alarms will not save either.

I've tried fixing user directory permissions with both bossprefs AND SBsettings. Neither worked.

I'm not aware of anyone ever having this problem before. And I am in desperate need of help, because I was creating my own theme (which was looking pretty spiffy, might I add), but now since winterboard won't work I can't update my theme to see how it works and looks. And since this issue also seems to be interrupting basic functionality of my ipod, I really feel this should be resolved.

Thanks, to whoever!
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Just DFU and Shift-click restore?

Then rejailbreak.....
  3. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try reinstalling Winterboard from Cydia?
  4. The Killswitch

The Killswitch Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    I have the same problem. Made a thread about it, got little help.
  5. duckboy

duckboy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Have any of you installed / then removed Supreme Preferences?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    A fix that worked for me (had this problem recently) is to download PkgBackup, backup packages, re-run redsn0w (no restore), then restore packages in PkgBackup.