Winterboard webpage background

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Lemures, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Lemures

Lemures New Member

This is in regards to this: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87114 . As my iPod is currently crapped out, I cannot test this myself. Nobody is replying in the forum post above, and SkylarEC is not responding to PMs. So, perhaps somebody here has the answer to these questions:

How are refreshes handled when you set your winterboard background? Is the only way to refresh to respring? If so, is it possible to make a program that simply resprings without bringing up the locked screen?

Is it possible to use similar code to set your locked background to an html?

Is it possible to use apache or even just the filesystem to have winterboard point to an html on your iPod itself? Is it possible to have this html determine whether or not you have internet access, and redirect accordingly? For example, if you do not have internet access at that moment, it would direct to a picture background; however, if you have internet access, it directs to, say, ifans.com or some similar site?
  2. fha11

fha11 New Member

In regard to your backround question... From what i've experienced, i think you constantly have to respring, or open winterboard n reapply the theme after having selected a backround from your picture gallery for your locksreen backround (which also shows up as your homescreen backround). Kinda hate thats it not instant like before, makes fishing through several backrounds quite the task, but i have faith that Saurik will improve Winterboard so Summerboard will only be a distant memory...