WinterBoard used to modify persistentconnection plist

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by meyerovb, Feb 9, 2009.

1. meyerovb

meyerovb New Member

Can I somehow modify the fetch time setting, located in /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.persistentconnection.plist, by setting it in a Bundle folder of a WinterBoard theme or some way other than overwriting the original plist file?
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I seriously think your problems are elsewhere. I use IMAP and POP3 accounts within my Mail.app, and I have three gmail accounts. As far as I can tell, that is your setup (gmail w/IMAP). And I have never had a problem with mail auto fetching. I have it fetch every fifteen minutes, and it never fails to fetch. I think your best bet would be to find the actual root of your problem and solve that.
  3. meyerovb

meyerovb New Member

I'm not having a problem, I modified that file on purpose, to have it check every 5 minutes instead of every 15. I was wondering if there was a way I could modify it through WinterBoard, so I can keep the default apple file saying 15 minutes, but turn on a winterboard theme that overrides it so it checks every 5 minutes, and another theme for 3 minutes or 10 minutes. Whichever theme is on and highest in the list will be the time setting the phone uses. I'm asking if WinterBoard can be used to override this particular plist?
  4. meyerovb

meyerovb New Member

Found it, awesome app in cydia called Supreme Preferences.
  5. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yeah, awesome..

Please Register or Log in to view images