Winterboard Troubles

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by RealEmotionX, Oct 25, 2008.

1. RealEmotionX

RealEmotionX New Member

After much MUCH forums reading, searching, and poking and prodding at google, I have given in and just decided to ask. I DID SEARCH, please dont rant at me on how to use the SEARCH function.

I want to leave the default icons, default EVERYTHING except I want wall-paper and a dock (preferably similar to the ipod touch 1.1.1 or the leopardish docks.)

I would like to do that without having to completely design a custom theme, whenever I install a theme in WinterBoard, I dont seem to have the choice to just use the dock, or leave the icons alone

Am I just having a blond moment and its REALLY obvious? Because I cant seem to find a solution
  2. Atl

Atl New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Winterboard is made so you can just change one thing and keep the rest the same.

Do you know how to add themes through SSH? If you do, make a new folder on your computer, then add the wallpaper you want and drop it into the themes section through SSH.

Then in Winterboard move the wallpaper theme you just created above everything. This works for docks or whatever else too.
  3. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

That's easy - make a new Theme directory in your Themes.xxxxxx folder.

example:

Themes.xxxxxx\WallPaperDockOnly (example name)

In that folder, put in Wallpaper.png (whatever wallpaper you wish to use) and Dock.png (the dock background you want to use, which should be 320x91 in size). After that's done, open up WinterBoard and your new 'theme' (WallPaperDockOnly) should be in there. Turn that theme on, and exit WinterBoard. After that, if that's the only theme selected, everything else (sliders, status bar, icons, etc) will be the standard ones, but WinterBoard will apply the wallpaper and dock specified to the SpringBoard... and that's all it'll put on.

When you're downloading themes from Cydia, most people uploading themes want different icons from the standard, and so design their themes that way. If you want simple... don't use Cydia-installed themes, but perhaps ones from MacThemes.net which offer lockscreen-only themes and the like. Note that 'Wallpaper.png' and 'Dock.png' are case-sensitive - if you don't capitalize the first letters of each, the they won't be applied.
  4. RealEmotionX

RealEmotionX New Member

part of me was hoping I wouldnt have to do SSH or anything, I could just download a theme and hit a setting button or something -_- Awkward Turtle~

EDIT: Wow, that was surprisingly easy. SSH was a hastle on my PC, but with my Mac CyberDuck was all "BONJOUR!" and I Was like "wow~"

and if I was worried about people screwing with my ipod that might bother me.
  5. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Use the ToggleSSH BossPrefs toggle - that'll let you turn off the SSH service until it's needed.