Winterboard themes not working!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by roberto13055, Jun 21, 2009.

1. roberto13055

roberto13055 New Member

So i have firmware 3.0. When i download a theme it lets me download. When i open winterboard and select the theme, it gets checked. Then i press the home button and its resprings, but after it loads up nothing. Same as before. I've tried other themes and just different customization things. Even when i go to change the order of things in winterboard it just loads up like i didnt change anything. Ive tried rebooting my ipod, and ive used sbsetting's fix user dir permissions, still nothing. I need help cause theres no point in having it my ipod jailbroke if i cant use winterboard. And also i am NOT restoring my ipod, takes to long to do it and add all my songs, apps, pics, just not doing it so dont suggest it!!
  2. xcdjy

xcdjy Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I've had the same thing happen, but with only one theme, so I presume it's a "duff" theme as we say over here

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Bohemian

Bohemian New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had the same issue, as do others. What fixed it for me was a little strange, but it works. My original jailbreak was done using quickpwn. When i ran Cydia for some reason it was installing an older version (pre-3.0) of Winterboard which did exactly as you describe. I couldn't seem to get Cydia to install the latest version no matter what.

So, when redsn0w came out, I reverted back to "stock" 3.0, did the redsn0w jailbreak and Cyidi installed the correct Winterboard. Everything's good now.

I noticed some speculation that Icy may be the culprit here (install option with quickpwn, but not redsn0w), but I can't say for sure.
  4. roberto13055

roberto13055 New Member

okay, im trying that now, did you also get this message??

Net DB: Open nodename nor servername provided, or not known

http://apt.saurik.com
    Net DB: Open nodename nor servername provided, or not known.

Thats the message when i try to reinstall winterboard.
  5. rayden

rayden Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I am on iPhone 2G.

When I jailbreak/unlock trough Pwnage tool (on Mac), I add the winterboard application before hand. So, when I restored with Custom Firmware, I've got a working winterboard in the spring board after the jailbreaking/unlocking process.

Nothing much to help you out. It's just FYI.
  6. superdry

superdry New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have the same problem as you. Does anyone have a fix for this problem yet?
  7. KptObvious

KptObvious New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Having the same problems, except none of the themes work properly, 5 Icon Dock is all screwed up, and I can't change the background
  8. roberto13055

roberto13055 New Member

well i finally gave up and, the restore seems to work for now, dont know if it will last or not!