Winterboard themes not working on 2.0.1

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by touchfan93, Aug 11, 2008.

1. touchfan93

touchfan93 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I recently jailbreaked 2.0.1 with with the newest version of winpwn. I went onto Cydia, and installed winterboard--the updated version, if that helps. So i went into winterboard and applied a theme; the theme didn't show up. Then i remembered you had to reboot your iPod Touch to get this to work. That didn't work either.

Basically, i can't apply themes on 2.0.1 for some weird reason.

Any suggestions? Anyone else having the same problem?
  2. nhlduckz35

nhlduckz35 New Member

This is from Macrumors
    There is a problem with the new update, the plist file is not placed in the correct directory.

Here's what to do:
    1. Copy the info.plist from the Winterboard.app to your computer
    2. Rename it to com.saurik.WinterBoard.plist
    3. Copy the renamed file to your iPhone folder /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences

Winterboard now works perfectly. I'm sure this will be fix through an update later today. I believe this problem only occurs with fresh installs of Winterboard and that's why only some people are having problems.

edit:
    Or just create a new text file named com.saurik.WinterBoard.plist and copy it into /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences

com.saurik.WinterBoard.plist should contain:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    </dict>
    </plist>
  3. yourewithstupid

yourewithstupid New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  4. touchfan93

touchfan93 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yeah sorry i didn't realize people had already posted before me. When i started the thread, no one else had the same problem or had posted anything.

P.S.-Thanks for the help, nhlduckz35.