Preview Winterboard Theme Gallery

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by soccerstud92, Jun 24, 2010.

1. soccerstud92

soccerstud92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    UPDATE: I NEED SOME HELP:
    So, does anyone know how to change the location of where an app is saved. By default, (obviously) it goes into the ~/Library/Downloads folder, is there a to code that to go into the /Library/Themes folder?
    UPDATE:RELEASED!
    This has been released and you can find it by searching Winterboard Theme Gallery. There is also an iPad version!

ADVERTISERS!-ishThere are around 8 "ads" throughout the gallery, and I'm opening them up whoever wants to advertise their theme or site. Right now, first come first serve, but eventually, I might charge if things get hectic.
    Just send me an email at themes@iphather.com or PM me. (Email really preferred, but can I put my email on there, I really don't want to break any rules.)

Please Register or Log in to view images

Really Really soon, I will release a little project of mine. It is a mobile Winterboard Theme Gallery. I'm debating, but may call it the Theme Store, because it is in the format of the App Store, and Winterboard Theme Gallery doesn't fit below an icon. It is more of a Gallery than a Store, but it will provide download links. The themes are coming from my mine site, iphather.com/themes/ which we usually review a couple a day. (Except the past week due to internet problems) and then I will port them to this app.
    Here are some screens.

Attached Files:

2. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

1. You need permission from artisits to host their work.
    2. http://www.iphather.com/themes/masterpro/ this needs to be removed now, these icons are mine, I never gave "masterGGM" permission to use the icons.
  3. soccerstud92

soccerstud92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The site, and "app," are just reviewing the themes and showing them in a gallery. I will delete MasterPRO from our gallery, and I am truly for this mishap. All of the themes on the gallery are straight off of Cydia, and the information provided is straight from Cydia, making it easier for people to find the theme they liked. We are just providing a way to look at all of the up-to-date themes in a gallery to help spread them around.
  4. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    the setup and organization on your iPod ruins all the screenshots on your site. you should use the original authors original screenshot.
  5. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Well, then I apologise, I should of looked into it further.

Thank you for cooperating and removing the theme.
  6. soccerstud92

soccerstud92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well,
    1. not every theme has one.
    2. We install them to see what it really looks like in a real situation on an "everyday" device and to make sure they work and are for "up to date"
    3. It exposes some themes: If a theme ONLY covers the apps that are included in the screen shot, than that can be very deceiving.
    4. My friend/partner takes 95% of the screens, and he is an average iPod user. So, I do get on to him, because yes, some are bad and I do my best to fix that. (Doing this is his technological peak.)

What is your biggest problem...we are flexible. But I don't think we will move over to the original screenshots.

P.S. What I have told him to do is keep all stock apps on the front screen shots, get rid of that android unlock crap, and check all of the important apps, Safari, Cydia, Pop-up windows, iPod etc. What else?
  7. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hey, you should make it so people can give themes to you, and you update the app, with the persons theme. (with permission of course) That would revolutionize themeing, for people who dont bother to ssh/know how.
  8. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    i understand your reasoning on the screenshots, I don't really know how to fix it, it just kinda makes them look bad to me.
  9. soccerstud92

soccerstud92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You can...on the site and the app...well more the site. I feel like if I posted a link, then I might be breaking some rules, but on the main site, there is a menu thing top right that says submit. And you can either submit or suggest a theme. Submitting, you upload it, give screens, Author, description, the whole nine yards, and we will host it, and show it off in the gallery. there is also an option to submit it as a Work In Progress like Johnny Quest did with his Bokehend theme.
    Suggesting a theme, you can suggest a theme for us to review, but I can't promise anything.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I have a question: Are 3.X Themes and 4.X Themes going to be basically the same thing, minus like multitasking and folders? Should I split them up, or keep them together?
  10. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    3.x and 4.x are the same, but you might wait cause apple changed the names of icons, so winterboard needs a MAJOR update.
    PM the link.