Winterboard theme but some icons missing....please help!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Touchy76, May 4, 2009.

1. Touchy76

Touchy76 New Member

dudes, my head is metled with this winterboard theme stuff, i have downloaded 2 - Aqua Flivor and silverbord. In both cases a lot of apps on my springboard dont have an icon, just a transparent square, anybody know how I can fix this??

thanks a lot

Touchy
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Sounds like there transparency themes.

Just download a theme that has icons?

Abeo, Tenuis, Glasklart etc.....
  3. Touchy76

Touchy76 New Member

thanks for taking the time to reply, so I have downloaded 'neco and ssh'd into my library, so now when I open my winterboard I see 'neco' , i ticked the box but it isnt applying itself, so where am I going wrong??

am I a complete f***ing idiot??

also, say you can apply your own icons, what about itunes games apps that have thier own specific icons, these are missing aswell and ye dont wanna be replacing them with other ones do you??

much obliged dude!
  4. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Move Neco to the top of the list in Winterboard. To add more icons just find them, name them correctly, and put them in the icons folder in the theme
  5. Touchy76

Touchy76 New Member

this is all done through ssh right?? f***, I am confused, I removed and reinstalled winterboard, so I have no actual themes now, but I still have a load of apps on my springboard with no icon...so I need to download a theme that has extra icons and apply these to the apps that dont have any?? But how do I do this exactly?? Do I need to go to each app on ssh and find the icon??

thanks mate - sorry if I am a pain in the ass!!
  6. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yes, for the extra icons what you need to do is name them to exactly what you see on the springboard, and add them to the icons folder in the theme you are using
  7. Touchy76

Touchy76 New Member

ok, i think i got it, thanks buddy! I figured out the problem of the missing apps, I was running a wallpaper called 'beautiful' which was making the apps icons dispappear, pity - I really liked that wallpaper!

Didnt realise you could ssh through wi-fi, thats a bonus alright!