Winterboard suppose to do this?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Gabe, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I installed customize from cydia. I downloaded and applied a theme from customize, still black wallpaper. I then installed winterboard from cydia and restarted my iphone, i noticed I had a background now. But it was not the theme's background I applied in customize, it was this in the screenshots below and it changed every 5 seconds. The second screenshot you can see it fading to the next image. I thought maybe customize caused the problem, I restored to the backup theme it made and the background was still there, I uninstalled customize and same background. I then removed winterboard and the background finally went away. How do I prevent this and get the correct theme's background applied?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Veritas06

Veritas06 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yup

. It's a new feature that saurik added to WinterBoard. There's a couple tutorials around to show you how to use your own wallpapers, & also use more than two =).
  3. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  4. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    How do I turn it off? it just seems to lag things when its changing. Do I need winterboard to apply customize theme backgrounds?
  5. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just change the theme with Winterboard to any other summerboard theme.
  6. Veritas06

Veritas06 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you want to keep saurik's theme, SSH into your iPod, delete "Wallpaper.html" & place a "Wallpaper.png" there instead. As for any other themes, i don't believe any have started to use the multi-wallpaper thing so the rest will have a static background
  7. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    how do I apply a theme like it was in 1.1.4 where you just used customize and it applied the theme, icons, background wallpaper, all that good stuff.
  8. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you use Winterboard, download themes using Cydia (its the easiest way) and apply it using Winterboard.
  9. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Ok, I thought I could use customize to change the background. I think I remember reading something where if you had winterboard and customize installed and you applied a theme from customize, customize used winterboard to apply the background because customize couldn't do it on it's own.