iOS 4.0 Winterboard sets Black wallpaper

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by hueman, Aug 11, 2010.

1. hueman

hueman New Member

• Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    I jailbroke my iPhone 4, installed winterboard and a few themes. They were working fine. Then I installed some apps from [redacted] like SoundHound, Camera Plus etc. I am not sure what went wrong, but now any theme I apply, I just see a black wallpaper. When I uncheck all themes from WB, I can see the User Wallpaper I set, and when I select a theme from WB again I see a black wallpaper.
    I could not find a solution anywhere.
    Somebody please help!
  2. rykah

rykah Member

From what it sounds like, your redacted source of these apps isn't the problem. Download "User Wallpaper 4.0" or something of the sort from Cydia. When applying it in Winterboard, make SURE it's at the top of the list, so it overrides all other themes.
  3. hueman

hueman New Member

Tried User Wallpaper 4

I tried installing that but to no avail. I did not notice earlier but seems like even the lock screen backgrounds are not visible. WB only shows the icons and slider text etc for the themes that I choose. The Home Wallpaper stays black and the Lock Screen has no background too.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I even tried reinstalling WB but to no avail.
  4. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Try setting winterboard to summerboard mode, or vice versa
  5. rykah

rykah Member

Go to /var/mobile/Library/SpringBoard in your iOS, and tell me what the image files in that folder look like. Are they all black, or is there an image?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Yeah, definitely try this. Makes a huge difference.
  6. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    to add on to rykah's post, if you do have images, make sure they are named Wallpaper.png and LockBackground.png
  7. rykah

rykah Member

Wait... On the i4, are they .jpg or .png? On my 3GS, they're .jpg files.
  8. hueman

hueman New Member

Thanks friends for the suggestions, however no progress. The pics in /var/mobile/library/SpringBoard contain the wallpapers I set. None of them is blank and they are all .jpg files. For some reason WB is not picking up any of the wallpaper/lock screen backgrounds. Can't even override it with my own wallpaper unless I deselect all themes from WB.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Managed to find a solution for the Black Wallpaper. I had Panorama app installed. When I disabled it, WB started showing Background wallpaper, however the issue still persists with Lock Screen backgrounds.
  9. rykah

rykah Member

Sounds like an issue with said redacted source and your phone. It's an iPhone 4, and it's completely different from the rest. I would wait until the redacted source's website declares an update.
  10. hqcariello

hqcariello New Member

yeah. we have to wait for an update. it happened to a 2G and a 4g of mine too.