Winterboard semi-tethered problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by number3pencil, Mar 3, 2009.

1. number3pencil

number3pencil New Member

After following this great guide

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144041

I have jailbroken my ipod touch pretty easily, but there are a few problems. After installing winterboard and SBsettings through cydia or installer, they don't work in Jailbroken mode. From what I've read, the problem with them seems to be booting into normal mode, but I don't care about booting into nonjailbroken since my ipod never passes the logo without being connected. I really don't care about that, I just want winterboard and SBsettings to work in jailbroken boots. I get the winterboard icon, but it doesn't work when I mess around with the settings. It just hangs for a few seconds and then goes to the lock screen with no changes. SBsettings just plain doesn't work (nothing happens when I swipe the top).

I was going to rejailbreak my ipod, but I ran into some problems loading my custom firmware in itunes and decided to post here. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have uninstalled/reinstalled Sbsettings and winterboard many times, and I have restarted my ipod aswell. Am I not realizing something? Thanks.