Winterboard really annoying me

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Austinjb555, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Austinjb555

Austinjb555 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Every time i edit something in winterboard, it resprings. This moves all my icons around. Is there any way to change this? Thanks so much!
  2. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

No. You HAVE to respring to set the theme. Would they really make you respring if it wasn't necessary?
  3. Austinjb555

Austinjb555 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well what i'm asking is is it possible to stop winterboard from moving the apps around?
  4. alzir

alzir Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    same here! it is really annoying me. the thing is: everytime we set a new theme or respring with categories app it moves all the icons around the springboard instead of just changing the icons. that really annoys me, i have a itouch 2g jailbroken 2.2.1 and it is really annoying me.
  5. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

I really don't know. It doesn't switch the icons around for me. Sorry, can't help you.
  6. Xx-pFizZLE-xX

Xx-pFizZLE-xX Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    for the people that have the moving icons...do you guys also have 5 icon dock? because it started happening to me after i did that;but im not 100% sure what the real reason is
  7. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

The REAL reason is that you all have Installer 4 installed, and that program messes with your SpringBoard.plist files, especially if you have Kate installed too. Uninstall Kate, and your SpringBoard will not scramble itself.