winterboard on 3.0-- definitive status?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by styylus, Jul 3, 2009.

1. styylus

styylus New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've been combing through many of the posts on the subject of winterboard support/stability on 3.0, and the bottom line seems to be that it works for some and not others, correct?

Has anyone been able to isolate some of the factors/conditions that seem to affect the app's stability? i.e. why it would work on one configuration and not another?

I'm hoping to establish this thread as a go-to point for others with the same question, because in my case I've held off updating to 3.0 based on these conflicting reports about winterboard; thanks for any feedback.
  2. whcodered

whcodered Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I haven't heard of cases of Winterboard not working. It has received a minor update since 3.0 came out (IIRC) and should work flawlessly. The only problem I'm hearing is that keyboards aren't themed.
  3. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Yeah, there is some stability issues, but overall it gets the job done. I disabled the Winterboard extension for now, I don't even theme that much anymore. But, right now saurik is probably more focused on the Cydia 3.0 stability, and Winterboard working on the 3GS.
  4. axoth

axoth New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes winterboard does work on OS 3.0!
  5. nitsua93

nitsua93 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It works Over all. They are some compatibility issues with older themes and the MMP flip. The only issue I've had with it is all of a sudden I can't set my wallpaper.
  6. mike998

mike998 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The only problem I have had is with Keyboards, and that's a known issue!