WinterBoard Help Please!!

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by shadydre, Mar 9, 2009.

1. shadydre

shadydre New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    First off i wanna thank anyone who is willing to take their time and helping. Time is valuable so i dont want to waste any. I have a Ipod Touch 2g with 2.1firmware. I have winterboard installed and have loaded a few wallpapers into the Ipod under private\var\stash\themes.***** . I try (try being the key word) to apply theme by clicking them in winterboard. Its exits winterboard the circle loading image appears then goes into the lock screen. I go to the home screen and nothing happens. I have installed and uninstalled winterboard numerous times only to end up with the same results. If anyone could shed any light into this problem i know it isnt just me whos having this happen. Once again i thank you for your time.
  2. bretto22

bretto22 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    did u try putting them in library/themes ? just a guessssss
  3. shadydre

shadydre New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I didnt have that directory in my ipod. I created it and put in there. No luck. All i really want to do is change the main screen background. Does anyone know of any other way to do so. I really want to use Winterboard but i am starting to feel like its hopeless.
  4. frickinchance113

frickinchance113 Banned

cydia
  5. shadydre

shadydre New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think thats my whole problem. I dont have a wifi connection. I am manually installing .deb files . Does winterboard need any other apps for it work? do you need summerboard to get winterboard to work. If so is there a summerboard.deb file. thanks
  6. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well this is obvious but it doesn't hurt to ask. Do you have each of these in their own respective folders? Are they properly named?

example:
    YOUR THEME.theme
    ->Wallpaper.png
  7. shadydre

shadydre New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    First I want to thank anyone who has replied to this post. I have FINALLY fixed the problem. For those who are having the same issue this is what i did. I went to Starbucks and used there wifi and i had to update cydia then download winterboard. I'm not an expert but i think that was the problem. Cydia wasnt up to date. I'm not sure as to how you would update cydia without wifi and hopefully someone can help out with that. Once again i thank you for your time.