{Winterboard} GUI

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by fha11, Aug 21, 2008.

1. fha11

fha11 New Member

UPDATED:

Master Switch Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/w9z9db

.................................................................................................................................
    I've read that ppl aren't really enjoyin the fact that winterboard doesn't have a GUI... But its soo easy to create one... This is how I have mine organized with switches that do more then Summerboard ever could! I honestly hope winterboards interface stays this way, n more work is concentrated on the back end of it, because it really gives you the freedom to construct your own interface n switches to do whatever you please.. On mine ive constructed files to manipulate the way my ipod looks on the fly, my status bars, docks, artwork files, keyboards, sliders, and dialer configurations. Customize has LITERALLY become obselte, the only thing i use it for is to change springboard strings..

The cool thing about winterboard is it gives u the option of arranging how everything in your theme folder is displayed... So what ive done is ive created two blank folders so i can separate Themes, from Mods.. I'm Putting this post out there for ppl that have constructed there own little switches n mods for winterboard, i honestly think it would be chill if ppl started creating there own switches n started exchanging them seeing how it would open up alot more "on the fly" customization via winterboards interface.. If your interested in any of the ones displayed below, let me know, n i can surely upload...

Please Register or Log in to view images

IMG_0004.png IMG_0005.png IMG_0006.png
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    I dont see how this is a "gui" your just rearranging the order

3. fha11

fha11 New Member

Its not, thats what im saying... n thats what I think makes winterboard so powerful at this time, the fact that u can slip ur own little switches into the folder, re-order, where u can have ur one click tweaks to any aspect of your phones look... What i was essentially underscoring was that more people should concentrate on making one click switches n bundles for it, so we can have more "on the fly" type customization...

n alot of ppl i know just use it for themes, but its so much more then that... With some of the switches that i put together like the simple text on n off ones for the dock... You basically can do anything summerboard could do n more.. Thats what im stressing despite it not having a GUI, its even more powerful... with a few switches put together for it, you can make it do things that summerboard could never do...
  4. trejo818

trejo818 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    let me get the dock text on and off

5. fha11

fha11 New Member

6. JBB

JBB New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Winterboard already has a GUI.
  7. xela.enolam

xela.enolam New Member

Just upload your whole "Themes" folder...Thanks in advance!
  8. bastz

bastz New Member

Where do you put the dock text on off? U said themes but i cant find it.
  9. andydam123

andydam123 Member

You say its easy? Then make one. We're all waiting for you.
  10. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

/private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx