Winterboard doesn't work...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by pipposanta, Jun 25, 2009.

1. pipposanta

pipposanta New Member

Hi,
    I have a jailbroken iPod Touch 1st gen with 3.0 and I installed Winterboard to change the look of OSX Mobile. I installed Matte UI and applied it but also after respringed it doesn't works. Why? Isn't Winterboard compatible with 3.0? The Winterboard version I am using is the latest found on Cydia updates.

Thanks for the help!
  2. gidzhead

gidzhead New Member

Had same problem but do not worry there is an easy fix just simply turn off your ipod and turn back on again hope this works
  3. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    It may be Matte UI itself, try a different theme.
  4. cline92

cline92 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    It's MatteUI, i just tried it, and it didn't work.
  5. nycazncarguy

nycazncarguy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Actually, It's the theme itself. I remember back then, before 3.0, this same problem happened to me. You have to ssh into your ipod and then go to the folder where the themes are installed. You'll notice that the matteUI is in a folder, but inside the folder, theres two themes. One is aqua, one is graphite, if i remember correctly. I dont really remember. If you take those out of the matteUI folder and place them along the themes like how each theme should only be in one folder, it should work.

However, I have not tried this on 3.0 yet, so i cant guarantee that this will work after u do that. I have not gotten around to doing it myself. Still too unhappy with all the things I can't change anymore after upgrading the firmware.

EDIT
    Just tried it. It works.
    =)
  6. pipposanta

pipposanta New Member

perfect, now it works!!