winterboard and customize Problems..

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by ri0ku, Sep 8, 2008.

1. ri0ku

ri0ku New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just jailbroke my ipod to 2.0.2 today

Please Register or Log in to view images

which is great now I finaly dont feel behind...

But I hate the default theme... so I wonna get a cool theme (I used to have a leopard styled theme which rocked)

But now... I can only seem to download themese for winterboard... which is ok.. but some people who design them pick hidous icons for certain apps.... so I want to change some Icons...

So I installed Customize, but im having a problem.. everytime I change something in customize... then restart the springboard... nothing changes... it all stays the same

Can anyone help me out?
  2. lukage

lukage New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    winterboard over rides customize i think
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You can just SSH in and change the icon to whatever you want. Customize is a mess! Just use Winterboard
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Winterboard modifies the icon on the fly - this means that, even if you change the icon in Customize, it'll override the icon if it's available in Winterboard. To fix this, replace the icon in the Themes\Theme name\Icons folder with the Customize one and get rid of the 1 in the icon name, then respring.
  5. ri0ku

ri0ku New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hmm, I havnt used SSH in a long time... and I have formatted my PC and forgot the name of the program that I used :S.... Could you tell me how you ssh with 2.0.2?

Iv already installed SSH through cydia, the only thing I can remember is alpine is the pass :S
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Look in settings and get your IP address to use for host. User is root and pass is alpine and port 22
  7. jack.misner@virgin.net

jack.misner@virgin.net New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    use filezilla as your ssh client...
  8. lukage

lukage New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Use WinSCP
  9. ri0ku

ri0ku New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thanks guys im able to SSH now... so lets see, I have to go to library? > themes, then find the theme I want and simply replace the icons for the apps I want to be changed?
  10. beeshabo

beeshabo Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Wll I use WinterBoard (because Customize isn't all that great), So when I change an icon, I connect using WinSCP, and once connected, I go to Private>Var>Stash>Themes___>Choose Theme>Find the Icons folder, and replace the one you want, that's it