Winterboard after 2.2.1 update?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by morsecode191, Feb 3, 2009.

1. morsecode191

morsecode191 New Member

So I was on iTunes yesterday and there was a pop-up about updating to 2.2.1 or whatever the new firmware is. So I updated, and I'll admit, I'm still an ipod touch noob even though I'd been using mine since Christmas, but anyways, after the entire firmware download, I realized my entire ipod waas cleared and restored, except for my music and videos.

So I re-jail broke, then downloaded Winterboard so I could get my old themes back, but the problem is, Winterboard doesn't show up on my SpringBoard, in Cydia it says it's downloaded and everything, but I can't find it...

Also, when I redownloaded my applications, it gave me back the new apps I just got off the store, but the ones that I had one my ipod before the new firmware are nowhere to be found, even though on iTunes it asks if I'd like to delete the apps I didn't select. Any help would be great!
  2. bangarum

bangarum New Member

I too facing the same problem. Please help me.
  3. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Install quickgold from cydia then install poof. Now tap the home button twice and launch poof. Unhide all your apps. Just throw the toggles back and forth. Now respring.

I'm just guessing that you had all your apps hidden before updating and restored from an iTunes backup. This is the number 1 cause of this problem and what I posted above is the easiest fix.