WINSCP Won't Connect To IPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xbngx, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xbngx

xbngx New Member

At first i thought it was just my IP at home so i went to a friends to use thier wireless network and i had the same problem. After typing in my IP, setting the port number to 22, using the root and alpine key i get this error "Network Error: Network Is Unreachable" Ive gone into my cmd box and everything seems to be fine with the internet connection, installed everything that needed to be installed, i just dont know what to do next. I've tried everything from rebooting,setting the autolock to never, and downloading service.app. ive basically tried evrything.

Heres what i think is going on: When i jailbroke my ipod, in "ipodmasters" video his touchfree program said "reboot twice" mine only asked to reboot once, i also didnt have to type in my ipod's ip into the program or ever had to use putty. Im pretty confused...Any help would be amazing.

Thanks So Much

Brandon.
  2. fondoo

fondoo New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    did you download services? make sure SSH is turned on.
  3. 3CKO

3CKO New Member

if services is off u get connection refused i think
  4. spagbol46

spagbol46 New Member

make sure that if you go into settings on your ipod, then wifi, then press the blue arrow next to the network you would are connected to. then press static this should then help you connect.
  5. xbngx

xbngx New Member

still nothing.
  6. spagbol46

spagbol46 New Member

what ftp program are you using. i use cuteFTP Pro. Make sure you get the pro version and it worked fine for me.
  7. appwizard

appwizard New Member

wrong network (logical)

FYI. This error message is an indication that your network on the PC that you are trying to connect FROM is not properly configured on the network. First what you should try to do is eliminate that as a possibility by:

1: run CMD from the start menu ->
    2: type 'ipconfig /all'
    3: make sure the IP from your ipod is on the SAME NETWORK as the IP from the PC you are using (IE: IP=192.168.1.3 netmask=255.255.255.0) and on the IPOD, you should have something like (IP=192.168.1.5 netmask=255.255.255.0) (the netmask is important, it makes sure that you are on the same logical network.) (in this instance, your wifi router should be 192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0)
    4. now try to 'ping' the IPOD type 'ping 192.168.1.5' (or whatever the ipods IP is)
    5. If the PING works... Then you are not connected because the SSH daemon is not enabled on the IPOD. My guess is that with the error 'Network Error: Network Is Unreachable' You will not be able to PING until you fix the IP issues. If the PC were on the same network as the IPOD, you would have gotten either a 'connection timed out' or a 'connection refused' error message, not 'ureachable'.

good luck
  8. avaloncourt

avaloncourt New Member

Um.. Look at the title of the thread. That answered your question.
  9. xbngx

xbngx New Member

how do i fix said IP problem?
  10. blackforest

blackforest New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    How do we check if it's on?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.