WINSCP Won't Connect To IPOD

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by xbngx, Oct 27, 2007.

1. xbngx

xbngx New Member

At first i thought it was just my IP at home so i went to a friends to use thier wireless network and i had the same problem. After typing in my IP, setting the port number to 22, using the root and alpine key i get this error "Network Error: Network Is Unreachable" Ive gone into my cmd box and everything seems to be fine with the internet connection, installed everything that needed to be installed, i just dont know what to do next.

Heres what i think is going on: When i jailbroke my ipod, in "ipodmasters" video his touchfree program said "reboot twice" mine only asked to reboot once, i also didnt have to type in my ipod's ip into the program or ever had to use putty. Im pretty confused...Any help would be amazing.

Thanks So Much

Brandon.
  2. xbngx

xbngx New Member

i just realized i posted in the wrong forum..sorry.
  3. Mouse212

Mouse212 New Member

I had all sorts of problems with SSHing etc at first. I ended up using WinSCP but also had a go with CuteFTP and Putty. Using WinSCP I found the trick is persistance. Everytime I use it after entering the IP, username and pass it says it cannot connect but presents the option to reconnect through the button "reconnect", I click this and 9/10 times it works. If not, I do it again. Try that! I don't think I've ever had it work first time I try to connect. I know this isn't really a fix, but it's a solution, or it was for me.
  4. xbngx

xbngx New Member

i dont get a "reconnect" button at all. and ive tried to reconnect manually 15 billion times.
  5. Mouse212

Mouse212 New Member

In that case, I'm a bit lost. I only jailbroke yesterday so only know what I have experienced so far.

When you said " i also didnt have to type in my ipod's ip into the program ", you meant the jailbreak program right? Not WinSCP... You shouldn't have needed to put it into the jailbreak program.

I would suggest restoring you iPod and jailbreaking it again. Or wait for a few more replies and see if anyone has any other ideas.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
  6. xbngx

xbngx New Member

thats ok mouse thank you so much for your help anyway. ive tried to restore my ipod and re-jailbreak it, not only the original way but also the automatic "quick" way. and i still cant connect.
  7. chepgerman

chepgerman New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i have the same problem
  8. rem736

rem736 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    try installing openSSH from the installer first. i know that the process of jailbreaking installs an SSH server, but i could not connect vis winscp until i installed openSSH. also install the services app so you can turn the SSH servers on/off. you don't want to leave it running all the time. potential security risk.
  9. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Are you sure you have the correct ip? It's different on every network you join. Also, if you downloaded Services app, did you turn off SSH?

There's a command line utility called scrape that will "scrape" your ip address out of your iPod. you might want to try finding it that way. Unfortunately, I'm not sure which package incledes that. I want to say that it is Eric's Utilities, but I am probably wrong.

Good luck!
  10. xbngx

xbngx New Member

still nothing..