WinSCP & Summerboard?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by The Crow, Mar 23, 2009.

1. The Crow

The Crow Banned

I followed the directions on how to download Summerboard and create a folder and then I extracted it into the new folder, then I opened up WinSCP and SSHed my iPod. I then followed the directions to drag the Summerboard folder over to the right side where I believe is my iPod right? Then I pushed the top button on my iPod to shut it off or reboot it then I pushed it again until the slider off screen came up and turned it back on. Then I went to my Installer and tried to look for Summerboard and I can't seem to find it, did I do something wrong? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Summerboard is dead! What firmware are you using? You need to work with Winterboard
  3. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Why are you trying to use Summerboard on 2.2? Use Winterboard from Cydia.
  4. The Crow

The Crow Banned

O.k thanks, so I should go back into my WinSCP and delete the files for Summerboard? I believe I have Winterboard already in my iPod 1G, but how do I make sure? I am new to most of this stuff, but I was looking for a way to create your own themes and was told to do it via Summerboard. O.k , I will go and delete the Summerboard from WinSCP and my iPod and you guys think that I should not use Installer at all anymore?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    O.k, I did go back into WinSCP and deleted the Summerboard program and thanks for telling me it is useless. I do have Winterboard and again my 1G 8gb iPod touch is JB, but I have read and seen members talking about using the WinSCP to transfer new themes or other things which you can find via the net which you can create your own themes or icons just to personalize your iPod. I know all about the themes and other great stuff via Cydia, but is there anyway of creating your own themes? I don't know if I am explaining it properly, but I hope someone can catch what I am saying?
  5. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    To make your own theme, use an image editor like Photoshop.