WinSCP HELP, any help would be appreciated...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by cfol103, Dec 30, 2007.

1. cfol103

cfol103 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Whenever I try to connect on WinSCP it says connecting to host, and then it takes forever and it then tell me it timed out

Why is it doing this and how can I fix it? I have tryed everything my SSH is on
    Ive tryed many different IP's that could be the possible ones but the one that I normally use and works its timing out...
    I extremely and urgently need to use this to fix the grand mess that this new Boss app Categories has done to my Ipod....

Does WinSCP need to be able to connect Wifi or can it connect to DSL because I have both right now...
    My ipod is not able to connect to Wifi eaither because it doesnt show the little connected signal in the upper right corner....
    Does my ipod need to be connected and my computer also both on the same Wi-Fi network?

Im think Im gona restore if this doesnt work, Can anybody tell me what exactly this does?
    it doesnt erase nothing on Itunes right??? Just my apps right?
    If anyone can tell me what exactly this erases I would thank them a million times...
    Ive worked so hard for this thing and I really dont want it to end up bad
    Again any help would be appreciated THANK you

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. snowmandc

snowmandc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    your ipod does need to be connected to wifi on the same as your computer, has wifi ever worked for you on your ipod with your network. this should be your first task in getting wifi to work.
  3. Rdude

Rdude Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    a restore just restores the ipod to a backed up version of your iPoT or just restores it to factory settings........if it doesnt restore to the backed up versions it will erase all things on the iPoT. nothing on your itunes will be erased...
  4. cfol103

cfol103 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks I got Total Commander and a file called T-pot to work as a file manager for my Ipot on my computer because WinSCP was being gay...
    And yes my wifi on my Ipod has always worked on that network but my Desktop runs on DSL not wifi
    they do not need to be on the same network because Ive used Winscp many times before, and they werent on the same network...
    WinSCP is still not working but Im just happy I got my ipod back

Please Register or Log in to view images