WinSCP/CuteFTP Pro Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by windowsexpert08, Jan 22, 2008.

1. windowsexpert08

windowsexpert08 New Member

Hey guys i have been trying to connect to both cuteftp and winscp but neither work. They both come up and time out. Now i know i have everything right but i think this may be a problem.

Ive heard lots of people saying that whenever they plug in there ipod it comes up in itunes but it doesnt show up in device manager or my computer. Well i have that problem, it shows up as "owners iPod" in itunes but it doesnt show up in device manager or my computer. I dont know but i think that may be a problem? if it is then can someone show/tell me how to fix this? because i really wanna get some new gbaPhone ROM's on my ipod touch.

Thanks
  2. neonspyder

neonspyder New Member

windowsexpert08, eh?

Please Register or Log in to view images

if you have everything right, then you should know that auto-lock should be set to be 'off', and the same goes for passcode lock. after that's all done, check to see if ssh is set to 'on', then check your wifi connection and make sure you have the correct ip. you should already know your login and password for your ipod, so i won't bother with that.

don't know why yours isn't working ... i can log in without a problem.
  3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    As for the iPod not showing up in My Computer, it isn't a bug it is a deliberate choice that Apple made to not allow it (easier to get to the file system I guess).

As for your SSH problem, the only advice that I can really give you is to make sure that SSH is enabled on your iPod and that all of the settings are correct.
  4. link_08

link_08 New Member

cute ftp nd winsp help

that right i haven't been able to connect trough those programs because they just keep saying
    time out error, i' ve been using iphonebrowser because of that, but i would like to know how to solve that because i cant set permissions with iphonebroser nd i need to.