WinSCP can't change directory

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by cseven, Oct 4, 2008.

1. cseven

cseven New Member

I'm using WinSCP and trying to SSH into my iPod Touch that is @ 2.1 Firmware. I use root/alpine to get in and it shows two folders 'Library' and 'Media' located in /private/var/root. I can open both Library and Media but I can not up directory to / or /private or /var, it just hangs. If I login with mobile/alpine I see folders 'Applications', 'Documents', 'Library' and 'Media located in /private/var/mobile. I can open 'Media' and 'Documents' but the other hang and I can't up directory to /.

has anyone came across this? Could it be a permission thing? I've searvhed for about an 1hr and I just keep coming up with people not even being able to connect with SSH and that's not my problem.

Thanks,
    Cseven
    (I had no problem doing this with 2.0 Firmware)
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Tried rejailbreaking with QuickPWN? It really sounds like you don't have permission to access anything outside of the mobile directory, since both of those folders you've listed are in /mobile... and that's the only directory you have access to with a USB connection if you're not jailbroken. It really sounds like some permissions are screwed up, or something didn't get patched fully to give you root access.
  3. cseven

cseven New Member

I haven't tried re-jailbreaking. I upgraded to 2.1 and everything is installing correct etc, I can putty in and also get to the appropriate directories through terminal...it almost seems like it's WinSCP being the problem. Maybe I will try re-jailbreaking or maybe another sftp client. It's not very often I get stumped on something like this or can't find an answer (hence 3 posts)....