WinSCP and Putty not working

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Mouse212, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Mouse212

Mouse212 New Member

Hey,

Just coming round to 1.1.3 and wanted to back up a few files from my ipod. I'm currently 1.1.2 jailbroken and have used WinSCP before. I haven't used it for a few months and since then my ipod has changed (with things like BSD subsystem being updated) and also my computer has changed (new wireless router - apple airport express).

The IP address assigned to the ipod has changed but I have changed that in SCP accordingly. OpenSSH is ON. Password is set to alpine and I have confirmed that when I recently rejailbroke. It comes up saying "network error. Connection timed out". It's as if the login or password is incorrect. Anyone know what's wrong? A lot of people seem to be having this problem in the SCP thread. I posted there but didn't get an answer.
  2. Mouse212

Mouse212 New Member

Fortunately, I had my old wireless router in the draw so I hooked that back up and put my iPod on it. WinSCP and Putty now WORK! Therefore, this problem that loads of users seem to be encountering is router-based!

If you know what you're doing with that kind of thing, then go tinker with your router settings. I'll have a look myself when I have a bit more time, because right now every time I need to SSH, I have to change my router.