WinSCP and adding themes & icons?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by The Crow, Mar 23, 2009.

1. The Crow

The Crow Banned

I have a 1G 8gb iPod touch that is JB, and I have downloaded WinSCP and know how to basically use it. My question is this and hopefully I won't get the boot, after I have been to some other sites online and downloaded some free themes and icons. I have also created a Folder on my desktop of my computer and named it Themes, and I extracted the free themes & icons and sent them to that folder. My question is this, how do I transfer the free themes & icons to my iPod via WinSCP. Do I do it like I normally do it, like drag them over to the iPod side after creating a file or folder on that page as well and name it (Themes)? I am new to most of this, but I learn fast if anyone can explain it to me?

Thanks, The Crow
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    • In WinSCP, navigate to /var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx (those x's are just some random characters)
    • Drag and drop each theme folder into there (not the entire folder with every theme)
    • Open Winterboard and the themes should be there
  3. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Thanks buddy, so do each individual item and once done should I reboot my iPod and you said they will show up in Winterboard right? One other thing, since I created the folder and named it Themes on my computers desktop. Should I send it to my Documents so it will be easier to find once I open up WinSCP to move each item?
  4. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Each theme should have its own folder, like a folder with all the stuff in
    After you put the folder in there, you should just be able to open up winterboard and it should be there, no need to reboot
  5. Josso

Josso Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That's your choice.

Please Register or Log in to view images

And I don't think it neccesary to reboot - just start Winterboard.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    TRY LOOKING HERE
    its a guide to fully customizing your ipod
  7. jabb

jabb New Member

ya.... I dont think you need to reboot your touch after adding themes via winscp. Just directly open it up on winterboard or do a respring first and then winterboard
  8. Noise...

Noise... Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    For the record, I find it best to do a quick respring after adding anything via SSH. It may show up without the respring, but an extra 30 seconds to respring and be sure that everything is showing up properly isn't a big deal to be on the safe side.
  9. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Thanks guys I did it and all showed up in Winterboard and no you don't have to reboot it, thanks much!

Cheers, The Crow