WinPWN stays idle, messes up iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by intopuddles, Sep 15, 2008.

1. intopuddles

intopuddles New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    QuickPWN waits for Recovery Mode....................

Alright, so here's the deal. I did a full restore of my 1st gen 8GB Touch through iTunes with the 2.1 firmware (iPod1,1_2.1_5F137_Restore.ipsw). Everything works great. Next I run QuickPwn (QuickPwnRC3.Morphey.Version_2), choosing the same firmware. It will then say it's waiting for the iPod to connect in recovery mode. The iPod reboots, and loads to the screen with the usb cable and iTunes logo. I've waited probably 5 minutes, but nothing happens beyond this point. If I try to run QuickPwn again in DFU mode this time, it skips Recovery Mode step, and goes right into the steps of having me hold the buttons, but before the last step, it tells me "Your device is connected in the wrong mode." Help?

Attached Files:

• pwn.PNG
      pwn.PNG
      File size:
      60 KB
      Views:
  2. hect111

hect111 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    you must have done something wrong restore and try again
  3. intopuddles

intopuddles New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What could I be doing wrong? I have followed the steps above multiple times now.
  4. kurenaiz

kurenaiz New Member

i have the exact same problem with you

i tried several quickpwns available and restore a few times, but still have the same problem

now i'm holding back on jb-ing, hoping to see a new version of quikpwn that actually works

or maybe the release of the new ziphone? (i never had any problem with ziphone in the pass)
  5. intopuddles

intopuddles New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oops, just realized that the thread is labelled "WinPWN" when I'm actually using QuickPWN.

Anyways, I'm going to try a restore and jb with 2.0.2 I guess.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I have tried multiple firmware. No Luck..