winpwn new release

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by 6ironmaiden9, May 6, 2008.

1. 6ironmaiden9

6ironmaiden9 New Member

I got winpwn as a new release like the day it came out even before videos i found out on how to do it on my own and yes i did it right.. so anyways ive heard of restore issues and i have noticed my ipod touch is VERY VERY buggy since i installed winpwn everything freezes ect im on 1.1.4 and winpwned by first beta and i was wondering is there a way i can restore it to its original state then go back to 1.1.1 and use jailbreakme.com or w/e to jailbreak? Because i heard if you restore a 1.1.4 pwned pod too any other it will just like brick so heres the question can i restore my ipod too 1.1.1 and then use jailbreakme.com or w/e it is to jailbreak 1.1.1 without any issues? Or is there some other steps i should do?.
  2. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

yes you can restore, bung it into dfu mode in one of two ways. Firstly there is the two button method whilst hucked up via USB, or for a quicker method ziphone or iLiberty have a one click button to bung ipod into dfu mode and then restore
    1 person likes this.
  3. 6ironmaiden9

6ironmaiden9 New Member

so i dl the one button app and have my ipod connected and press dfu then after that i open itunes and restore and then im good

---------

Thank you may it worked took alot more then you said because i encountered alot of errors along the way but thanks it worked repped
  4. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

should of been straight forward but hey errors happen glad I was of use
  5. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm Pwned and restored 3 times already. The last time was the worst I had seen. Basically I used a custom boot logo when pwning. The iPod would be stuck at the boot logo after I pwned. I tried everything, couldn't get by the boot logo. Tried the hard-restore holding power and home buttons down, logo disappears, logo comes back.

Anyway, I did this while in iTunes, it recognized an iPod in restore mode and let me go back to 1.1.4 default. I then re-jailbroke with iLiberty