WinPwn Keeps On Closing When Creating IPSW!! HELP!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by shahir29, Aug 29, 2008.

1. shahir29

shahir29 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Whenever i try building an ipsw in the new win pwn when it finally completes and then win pwn closed and i tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. Please Help!
  2. TheDude89

TheDude89 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Make sure you have enough root partition space and try running it in advanced mode so you see what is happening. It should say what it messed up on or why it is crashing. Also, make sure you have enough memory for winpwn. Meaning don't have a dozen of applications running in the background

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. gekkodude

gekkodude New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This happened to me after I tried and failed to jailbreak the first time. WinPwn creates the custom ipsw in the default Documents folder in windows in basic mode. I deleted the custom ipsw that WinPwn created the first time around and started again. This solved the problem for me.

HTH.
  4. oakr8r2

oakr8r2 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    same thing happens to me just about when its gonna be finished creating the custom ipsw it just closes and then nothing happens

i tried gekkodudes solution so i navigated to mycmpy then to my documents but i didnt find any custom ispw to delete

any suggestions?