Winpwn is reallly behaving in a strange manner.

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by theshredaholic, May 24, 2008.

1. theshredaholic

theshredaholic New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hi,
    i just used winpwn to pwn my ipod... and i had selected a lot of apps... games, jiggy runtime, etc..

however, on finishing the process... most icons aren't there on the springboard.. the only icons there apart from the standard ones are summerboard, converter and customize....
    installer is also not there.

on rebooting once, it gets stuck on startup script completed with another window behind it which i cant see....

plz help.... winpwn beta had worked for me once....
  2. oO Wallace Oo

oO Wallace Oo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I also got the winpwn startup script complete stuck on my screen. I just held the off button until my iPod turned off, then rebooted and everything was sweet.
  3. theshredaholic

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeahh... but i'm stuck on it... and anyway, all my apps arent available
  4. Relic073

Relic073 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i had the same problm....what you have to do is
    1.) Restore to normal 1.1.4 Firmware
    2.)Ipwn your ipod
    3.)Use Firmware you said didnt work
    4.)Done......Thats how it worked for me that is........but make sure as soon as you get to your home screen....go to settings and set the wifi network....then search something in safari and all should be good.......with the icons thing i know that the icons for the Iphone applications dont work....but to get them working if you installed them through winpwn....you have to go into installer...add the source you used for the Iphone apps and uninstall the iphone apps and immediately install them again...and that should work.....i know like *******ula didnt show up but after a quick reboot it showed up.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. 4balls

4balls New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    This worked for me. Thanks.

6. theshredaholic

Device:
    iPod touch
    uuuhhggg... so basically, i can redo everything i did for the message and install apps throuh wifi to get them...lol... what a solution...
  7. bjlock

bjlock Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    just change the file permissinos
  8. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

ah but they do work

I used ipsw builder with ipod touched repo and added the iphone apps + wiggle item and all worked for me so

to you saying they dont work lol
  9. theshredaholic

Device:
    iPod touch
    how can i change file permissions without wifi.... dont have wifi at home and it seems useless to be able to install apps through the firmware and still require wifi
  10. jellopuddingstick

jellopuddingstick New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    every time I use winpwn, I too get stuck on the "startup script completed" screen. I believe that this happens because the message from the wiggle icons (the one that tells you how to rearrange your icons) pulls up at the same time. To fix this, I just had to hold down the power button and the home button until the iPod turned off, let go of both buttons as soon as the screen turns off (don't go into recovery mode), and then turn the iPod back on as normal. You don't have to restore, or install apps through installer, or any of that stuff.