WinPwn: Is It Worth The Risk? Please Read

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by iPodTouchLuver29, Apr 24, 2008.

1. iPodTouchLuver29

iPodTouchLuver29 New Member

Hey Guys!
    I see time and time again about a thread on this website that WinPwn screwed up their iPod Touch. Here are a few precautions that you should take before using WinPwn.

Before I begin:
    WinPwn is currently in its beta stages. There is a very high risk that you will mess up your iPod Touch. I have seen countless comments on YouTube and a lot of threads that people bricked their iPod Touch. I have not seen one time when people went and said that they managed to fix their iPod Touch.

PWN? What happened to Jailbreak:
    People, there are many tutorials on these forums that tell you how to jailbreak 1.1.4. What are some examples: ZiPhone and iLiberty+ are the only jailbreaks that I use and not once have they messed up my iPod. WinPwn does the same exact thing as iLiberty+ with all of this payload nonsence.

What if I want 2.0:
    For some reason people are amazed by the new Calculator.app and are making a big deal about the horizontal effect. Ok, so you go and get a copy of 2.0 which currently is not released yet, and you jailbreak it. YAY, I see the Installer but I can't install anything. The new frameworks in 2.0 don't allow you to install too many applications and it will take an awful lot of time to make a new applications.

Ok, you convinced me, but how to I make a custom firmware:
    People, it's called SummerBoard and Customize. Use it! I just recently downloaded Danimators Customize and you are about to install a custom boot logo with that I see but I have never tested it.

Now you hopefully know the risk of what WinPwn has in store and I would think about it before I use WinPwn

Good Luck!
    iPodTouchLuver29
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    This is a bunch of misinformation! You clearly either don't know what you are talking about or have never done this.
  3. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

the stuff about the custom firmware is wrong
    not the best tut
  4. iPodTouchLuver29

Ok, I'm sorry I just put all of the information that I knew into a thread. Mods please delete!
  5. Ipodtouchhacker93

Ipodtouchhacker93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    this is all mest up!
    I pwned my ipod about 20 times this week (no kidding). i did it so many times because i keep putting too much stuff on it and didn't feel like deleting every single one.... (not the point) but i did notice that every time i pwned my ipod nothing bad happened!
    Luck? idk.. but winpwn is a good program(my opinion!)
  6. iPodTouchLuver29

I stand corrected. Winpwn at first messed up my iPod but now I tried it again and it worked!

Please Register or Log in to view images