WinPwn help

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by NickFrey, Jul 28, 2008.

1. NickFrey

NickFrey New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi,

I have tried to jailbreak with the new winpwn 2.0.0.3 but I have been having some trouble trying to do so. Let me start off. I have been watching closely to the iphone dev team's website for windows jailbreaking updates and when I heard about the new winpwn I went straight to get it. My ipod was first a jailbroken 1.1.4 and I then restored it to a normal 1.1.4 to do the update to 2.0 which I paid for. I now have been searching for a solution to once again jailbreak my ipod. I first upgraded iTunes to 7.7 then uninstalled my old Winpwn and installed the new one. So now I open WinPwn and click Browse .ipsw and select the ipod 2.0 firmware file. I then build a custom ipsw with cydia and custom logos. Well I wait for a while and after the process gets to the second to last step it fails to create the ipsw. So I try a few more times but still no go. I then tried my other XP computer which has the same amount of RAM as this computer and it built the ipsw fine. So I pwn both of my iTunes on both computers but neither allow me to restore my custom firmware file and I get error code 6. So today I tried to restore my ipod with the original ipod 2.0 firmware I downloaded. It goes through all the restoring steps to the point where it should be 'finished' and it says my ipod is restarting. Well after that dialog is closed, I get an unknown error. So I am right now restoring back to factory settings and syncing everything back on again. I have not been able to jailbreak 2.0 at all and I have looked at every tutorial and follow the steps perfectly. So please let me know what I am doing wrong.

Thank you so much. I am awaiting on RipDev for Installer 4! Can't wait! And I jailbreak my friend's ipod for him and he is awaiting for the jailbreak too but I want to wait till I can get my ipod to work before his.
  2. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    you are getting error 6 because you are not in DFU mode.

copy and paste this link to the adress bar ipodtouched.net/?page_id=272
  3. NickFrey

NickFrey New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks!

I only thought that iphones had dfu mode and that on ipod touch it was the connect to itunes screen. I'll try it out and see if it works.
  4. flyingguitar

Device:
    iPhone 6
    U do that.

I hope it works for you like it did for me

Please Register or Log in to view images

and BTW you gatta be really patiant with trying to get it in DFU almost took me a half hour

5. NickFrey

NickFrey New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thank you! It worked!

LOL, it took me a while to figure out. Instead of holding the home and power buttons down for 10 seconds do 9 and then release the power button and hold home until it comes up in itunes. Perfect!
  6. flyingguitar

Device:
    iPhone 6
    your welcome.

i'm glad i'm not the only person around here that got winpwn 2.0.0.3 to actually work

------------------double post merged------------------
    it depends on how fast or slow you count. took me almost a half hour to get it rite. and it took you about the same, it's not as easy as it sounds is it

7. ttttt

ttttt New Member

I don't see how dfu mode is so hard - I always get it 1st time.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    LOL