WinPwn FAQ

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by kyleshelton01, Apr 18, 2008.

1. kyleshelton01

kyleshelton01 New Member

Hey everyone I wanted to practice my Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V

Please Register or Log in to view images

This is some helpfull info from http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=36686 So many people seem to be missing this guide, the link is on WINPWN.COM!!! I know this is all the same info but maybe it will cut down on stupid posts some.....

WINDOWS BETA USERS IMPORTANT READ HERE!

Windows BETA version is OUT!

www.winpwn.com

What does that mean?

Beta means that it may go wrong - it may crash - your iPhone/iPod may fail to restore or get stuck in a boot loop.

Right now winpwn is MAINLY FOR JAILBREAKING and adding Installer.

It has disabled unlocking features to ensure further testing goes smoothly!

This means you CANNOT unlock the iPhone using the windows version - However adding the installer source for BootNeuter will let you do that.
    EVERYTHING CAN BE FIXED BY RESTORING and recovery mode.

Although it is for windows the buttons do the same and it works the same way.

Follow the same steps below as on Mac (except some options will NOT be available in the beta and greyed out!

It takes approximately 10 minutes to build the ramdisk for the "ipwner" part on Windows

It takes approximately 15 minutes or so to build the IPSW on Windows

NOTE: Once you pwn your iphone/ipod using winpwn you CAN download already made custom firmwares to install but this is not recommended as you do not know if the source is reliable.

To select custom firmware on PC - press SHIFT and click on the restore button in iTunes.

iLiberty+ is available for PC and can be used to put iPhone/iPod into recovery mode or kick it out of recovery mode should you need to.

You will require the iTunesMobileDevice.dll in order for WinPwn to work and you will have to put it inside the winpwn program files directory - these can be downloaded from winpwn.com.

They would have to be put in "C:\Program Files\cmw\winpwn"

iTunes Error Messages - What they mean and how to fix them!

Error 1013/1014/1015 - This error message occurs when you downgrade or upgrade to a different baseband than the firmware your restoring to has. This message does NOT mean the restore failed - it simply means the phone firmware does not match the baseband. Use iLiberty/Independence to kick the phone into normal mode and out of recovery mode and it will work.

Error 6 and 10 - This error message is because of a problem with your firmware - this message will occur most often because of using unsuitable boot/recovery images. Make a new custom firmware to fix this and use suitable boot images or use the standard images that came with the pwnage software.

Error 1603/1604 - 160? something

IF YOU ARE RESTORING TO A STANDARD APPLE FIRMWARE *NOT CUSTOM FIRMWARE"

This error is down to itunes not liking your USB ports on your computer. Use a different USB slot or a different computer if possible. That is the easiest fix!

IF YOU ARE RESTORING TO A CUSTOM FIRMWARE AFTER RESTORING FROM STANDARD APPLE FIRMWARE

IF you have pwned your phone once and then restored back to apple original firmware successfully and THEN tried to restore custom firmware you WILL get
    an error in iTunes as the apple firmware "unpawned" your phone. You have to repwn it using iPwner and then you can restore using custom firmware.

IF YOU ARE RESTORING TO CUSTOM FIRMWARE AND YOUR PHONE IS STILL PWNED

See "if your restoring to apple firmware" above as it is the same issue

If you get the message "Lib USB not available" that's fine it just means ibooter isn't enabled.

If winpwn crashes when you try click ipwner that means you don't have the itunes dll's

Helpfull links-

1.1.4 firmware- http://www.tuaw.com/2008/02/26/ipod-iphone-firmware-update-1-1-4-released/

http://www.[PIRACY.mu].com/?d=VZBVAKLP (iTunes DLL's)

http://[PIRACY.rs].de/files/39147473/winpwn0.99.1.8BETA.zip.html (WinPwn Beta)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...CB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en (.Net 2.0)
    1 person likes this.
  2. Freefall

Freefall New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    This is actually very helpful, thanks a lot +REP!
  3. kyleshelton01

kyleshelton01 New Member

If anyone else has something to contribute please do!!
  4. kyleshelton01

kyleshelton01 New Member

This fell off the first page...... no love?
    1 person likes this.
  5. a33a

a33a New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks KMS, +rep to you too
  6. monchy36

monchy36 New Member

i winpwm my phone put the 2.0 firmware and did'nt likeit so i went back to 1.1.4 but my baseband stay on 04.05.01_G... winpwn don't have the unlock baseband yet... Is there someone that have a custom 1.1.4 with unlock baseband from mac pwn to pass it to me so i can unlock my phone???
  7. dukanator

dukanator New Member

try this use the custum firmware then use ziphone to unlock it hope this helps
  8. kyleshelton01

kyleshelton01 New Member

9. bas116

bas116 New Member