WinPwn Custom Payloads?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Spartigus, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hey
    I have searched around and cant seem to find any custom payloads for winpwn or any info on it. Im using the latest one, and i see it says custom paylaods supported, but where do i get them?
    When i load up winpwn it says in the log : -

7/26/2008 9:09:33 PM - 62 logos available online
    7/26/2008 9:09:33 PM - 0 custom payloads available online

I can see and use the custom logos, but why aren't there any custom payloads?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Marco

EDIT:
    I have pwned my ipod using winpwn and have cydia installed.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Im sure someone must know......
  2. potatoman

potatoman New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    bump, i also want to know where to get them and more importantly what they do.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. msquared

msquared New Member

all a custom payload is is all of the software you want installed when you put the firmware on your ipod so say you have a cutom payload with winterboard, customize, and games once you restore you ipod with the firmware that has this custom payload all that stuff will be installed already, now with that said to use a custom payload it has to be a .tar format, so now im just guessing now all you would have to do is get all the tar's for the apps you wish to use extgract them, and then add them to there own .tar file

eg.
    say i wanted winterboard, customize and insomnia installed with the custom firmware

1. download them all
    2. make a folder called custom payload
    3. extract winterboard, customize, and insomnia into the folder custom payload
    4. this is were im not too sure about but either
    a. you tar that whole folder and use it as a custom payload
    or
    b. you go into that folder and select them all and tar just the dir of the apps you want together and use that as the custom payload...

now im going to test this out and see if it works and let you all know
  4. apple123

apple123 New Member

Um, sorry, but that was a REALLY bad tutorial. You just say "download them all", but where can we download 2.0 apps onto our computer? And also, how do you tar a file/folder?
  5. msquared

msquared New Member

its not an exact tutorial seeing as how i cant seem to get anything to work it was just a little info on basics to get the ball rooling and some ideas going thru my head and others, alltho i did find out that in order to do a custom payload you will have to create a script file and it will need to be executed at boot only once, this is were i found this out

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49054

they don't tell you how to do it but it give you an idea of what its going to take to get it working.

ok so what i got out of this info was that you need to A. have a plist file or similar file to run at first boot to do the necessary permissions and installs and other things. And B. no one has done it yet lol

now what I'm going to attempt to do is create a vb app to read an archive (b/c win pwn 2.0.0.4, needs the payload to be in .zip format) display the file structure and then output a plist file that will only run one time and set up those correct permissions and anything else i find that needs to be done for it all to work. if anyone wants to help me out with this either you know what needs done or anything you can email me from the forums and ill get back to you

EDIT: to tar a folder/file you will prolly want to get winrar ( www.rarlabs.com) it will decompress any archive and compress in any format as well e.g. .zip, .rar, .tar
    also you will have to get the apps on you ipod then SSH into your ipod and save them to your computer(or atleast thats what i did )
  6. r1dePrkCty

r1dePrkCty New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So do we .tar the folder that we put the apps in, or do we .tar all the apps in the folder, or do we do both? (by folder i mean the custom payload folder you told us to create)
  7. msquared

msquared New Member

i think you guys are miss under standing me this is all theoretical i haven't been able to do this at all yet im basically making an educated guess as to what to do and my guess would be put all your .apps in a folder and tar or zip that folder but it still doesn't solve the problem of having a file that tells winpwn what to do with everything in the archive.
  8. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

create a folder for each folder the file you wish to place would be in according to if it wre placed it /

for example if i placed tapdial in a custom payload...

Code:
    + Applications
            +- TapDial.app
                   - Info.plist
                   - SomeOtherFiles

then, you must chmod to the correct permissions with cygwin exactly how you would in a unix system.

Code:
    chmod -R 0755 Applications
    and then compress it with tar like so

Code:
    tar -cvpf mycustompayload.tar Applications
    and there ya go
  9. Rocky5

Rocky5 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if your on windows i found a great program that creates compatible tar files all you need to do is right click the folder and pick compress to tar.

the program is named ( AlphaZip )