WinPwn Advantages?

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by DrazenX, Apr 6, 2008.

1. DrazenX

DrazenX New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I got my Ipod Touch on friday and immediately jailbroke it 1.1.4 and have put a bunch of awesome apps on. I started browsing the forums and found out about Pwnage.. but what I dont get is why would you want to do it? How will pwning it being different than doing what
    I have already done? Are there any advantages?

I'm basically trying to find out if it is worth it.
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Right now, it basically just lets you just have Custom IPSW, with minimal customizing...

I bet that in the future, it will let you back up your whole iPod, so when you restore, it has everything that you had before you restore...
  3. brandon311

brandon311 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've been wondering the same thing. I'm still at 1.1.2 which is a pretty stable jailbreak with no problems. I updated to 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 when the jailbreaks were released but they were really buggy at first. I don't know if they still are with ZiPhone and iLiberty. But now winpwn came out and now there is another tool coming out like ispwbuilder or something. There are so many methods and choices on how to jailbreak it's hard telling what's the best jailbreak.

But as for pwnage you can basically install the beta sdk firmware 2.0 which is still really buggy and isn't worth it. You can back up your firmware and install custom boot screens and have "custom firmwares" that's about it I think.
  4. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    you can do that with the mac version. the only thing i have to install after a restore is the BSD subsystem.
  5. ilikemonkeys

ilikemonkeys New Member

yes, thats right. I even created my own ipsw wich had my essential apps that I like using. Anytime I need a restore, it's arleady jailbroken (not on 2.0 though).
  6. How can I back up my touch with BSD?