winpwn 2.5 DFU CRASHES EVERYTIME

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by swgpeva, Sep 10, 2008.

1. swgpeva

swgpeva New Member

ok so i have winpwn 2.5 and my ipod touch 2.0.2 firmware, everything is swell till i get to putting it into DFU mode. It goes to the white screen and the progress bar goes and gets to 100% then i get a windows debug/close program error popup and the program crashes, i tryied it with 2.0 and that didnt work either. Can someone please help me with this im losing my mind, thanks
  2. joshi3joshi

joshi3joshi New Member

whoa i have the SAME EXACT PROBLEM!

Please Register or Log in to view images

i hope someone can help
  3. XxShOoTnDiExX

XxShOoTnDiExX New Member

just let it turn close the program and then the ipod or iphone should still have white screen then u open ituns it should say Restore then u shift+click it and then u look for the custom FW and there it worked for me i had the same error like 5 sec ago lol
  4. swgpeva

swgpeva New Member

yea i tryied that then i got an itunes error 6
  5. iH@CK3RZ

iH@CK3RZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    why dont you just put in dfu mode yourself, its not that hard. if you want to know how to do it just pm me.
  6. orlando.k

orlando.k New Member

I'm just stupid, but are you sure it's an ipod an not an iphone firmware you are uploading ?
  7. HellsDragon

HellsDragon New Member

I get same crap...i dont how 2 fix tryd goin 2 dfu mode still get error wen tryin 2 restore 2 costom firmware some1 HELP!
  8. rayden

rayden Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)

Yup, you are right, I don't think we need to put in the DFU mode since we started countdown 10..9...8... Just press shift+click RESTORE button, look for the custom firmware, let it restore, syncing back up, there you go.

Sometimes, we got an error 1600 or there is a window pop up showing that the USB port is not the 2.0, then it makes the process slower, blah blah blah...just ignore it.
  9. saumil_b

saumil_b New Member

10. xxzeroknightxx

xxzeroknightxx New Member

Just follow instructions and ignore the phone options.... LOL sorry about confusion

Ok Im new and sorry I didnt post a reply when I figured out a way to by pass winpwn and hack the Iphone 2.0.2 ok its actually really easy here we go..

1st. Open winpwn 2.5 beta follow the steps and create ur custom ipsw file.... STOP AFTER THAT

2nd. (Now this is where you all have been having trouble going into recovery mode and crashing)
    Now what you wanna do is get out of the program and cancel going into recovery mode you already have the custom file made just how you like it and need it

3rd. Download this file
    http://www.zshare.net/download/18681744057a2ce6/
    Its the qucikpwn 2.1 it works on the 2.0.2 go through the process and find your normal ipsw restore that you have on ur computer and go through the rest of the steps and make sure you put a check mark on the (Unlock) option then go through with the recovery mode like normal

4th. Now go to I tunes 7 which you should already have since you probly have followed the other instructions and hold the (Shift) key and click on the restore and now you should be able to restore ur custom ver of ur Iphone's ipsw

Tip: If ur looking to upgrade to the 2.1 just dowload ur Iphone ipsw go into Itunes and hold (Shift) and click UPDATE then find the ipsw file you downloaded and let the phone update, then run the quickpwn again and follow all the steps and click the unlock and do the recovery mode and restart and ur DONE you have a unlocked Jailbroken Iphone in which you can put any SIM card you like, and if ur like me and using Tmobile and cant connect to the net with Iphone go the network settings and enter the cellular data network and change the APN to epc.tmobile.com Username and Password should be left blank and now you should be able to get on the internet

If you're using an iPhone, you must download iPhone 2.1 firmware using the below link:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...080909.gkbEj/iPhone1,1_2.1_5F136_Restore.ipsw

If you're using an iPhone 3G, download iPhone 3G 2.1 firmware using the below link:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...080909.K3294/iPhone1,2_2.1_5F136_Restore.ipsw

WHOOPS SORRY FORGOT THIS IS FOR IPOD I WAS REFURING TO IPHONE EITHER WAY THIS WILL GET YOU PAST WHAT YOU NEED AND NOW YOU KNOW HOW TO UPDATE TO HIGHER VER. Hope it helps