windows vista ultimate and ram amount

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by mpappa31, Aug 24, 2008.

1. mpappa31

mpappa31 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    so I'm getting a new computer and it has vista ultimate but it only has 2gb of ram. is that enough to run it at a full speed and am i going to be okay? the computer is at its max of ram. so i think my only option is to downgrade to a different vista right? any help would be very appreciated.if you need more info then pm me. thanks again.
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  3. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    minimum for ultimate is 1gb
  4. SoFreshSoSmooth

SoFreshSoSmooth New Member

I have Vista Ultimate running very smooth with 2.5 GB of RAM.
  5. mpappa31

mpappa31 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    o you do? well im getting a dell, do you know much about those? and if so could you help me i have done my share of searching but im still stumped. and thanks bobby681 for the link forgot the obvious place to look.
  6. SoFreshSoSmooth

Yeah no problem. I have a Dell Vostro 1500. I got it with 1 GB RAM, and then bought a 2 GB stick and put it in - it originally came with 2 512 kb sticks - one is on the back, the other is under the keyboard. I bought 2 x2 (4GB) but my dad took one - but it still runs very fast.
  7. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    My sisters computer has 3gb of ram and it isnt slow at all. So 2gb will probably be fine.
  8. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Contrary to popular belief, Vista isn't a memory hog. It looks like it, but that's because it is actually precaching. You'll be fine.
  9. mpappa31

mpappa31 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    well thanks that means a whole lot coming from you. Thank you very much. I did some more research and every where i looked it says 1gb is fine so im going to take your guys words and hope. but this is my first time running a real vista........ Is there anything i should get? For an example any add-ons or any kind of special programs. Also i know now this is turning into a different topic and im sorry but i plan on getting kaspersky antivirus. Would you guys recommend that or go with another company? Thanks in advance and any help would be appreciated again!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. SoFreshSoSmooth

I have McAfee - never used Kapersky - there are no real diferences between vista and xp software wise so you dont need any "special" software.