Windows vista/7 64-Bit jailbreak fix

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by krackhead674, Feb 5, 2009.

1. krackhead674

krackhead674 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If Libusb is not recognizing your ipod touch or disabling your usb ports here is a fix. First off uninstall Libusb off your computer asap. If you turn it off or restart your computer all of your usb devices wont work and you'll need to reinstall vista or do a restore. My suggestion is to get vmware or another virtualization program and create a windows xp virtual machine(You will need an win xp key(google)).

To set up a new virtual machine in VMware go to File->New->Virtual machine. Select Typical and click next. Now browse to your windows xp iso file or windows xp cd drive. Click next. Now enter your windows xp product key and click next. Click next. Click next again. Finally hit finish. Now it will automatically set up XP for you. Just wait until its done. When you are done installing XP onto a virtual drive start it up. Set it up like any other OS.

Now just install itunes and Libusb on the virtual machine, found here: http://outgoing.ifans.com/?d=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5tZWRpYWZpcmUuY29tL2Rvd25sb2FkLnBocD9qZXp1dWt2dG9teQ~~

To enable your ipod touch to connect to the virtual machine in Vmware. Click on VM in the menu bar at the top. Then under removable devices, you should see something like "Apple Mobile Device Usb driver." Now under that click on connect and your all set. When in dfu mode it might not be recognized on the virtual machine. So just do the above, but the name of the device might be different depending on your computer.

Now just follow any other jailbreaking guide and it should work just fine.

That's what I did with my ipod touch 2g and its jailbroken. Just thought I should pass on my knowledge. If you need help, ill try my best to help you.
  2. callofdutyaddict

callofdutyaddict New Member

explain in nooby form plz =D

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. krackhead674

krackhead674 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Its kind of hard to explain an easier method. I could make a ******* of the Virtual machine and VMware, but it would be illegal. If you need to find any of the software search through some ******* sites(google pirate bay).
  4. dancool999

dancool999 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I just created a Tutorial on how to use LIBUSB with 64-Bit (See sig)
  5. callofdutyaddict

callofdutyaddict New Member

whats vmware?
  6. krackhead674

krackhead674 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    vmware is a program that lets you run another OS inside your OS without having to do a complete install on your hardrive.

I g2g ill be back later.