Windows vista 64 bits

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by crazyfred02, Feb 1, 2009.

1. crazyfred02

crazyfred02 New Member

LibUSB doesnt seem to be compatible with vista 64 bits. I plug in my ipod in DFU mode and the unrecognized popup and sound appear. I have tried running it in compatibility mode and still nothing. Is there a 64 bit version of libusb that I can download.

Thanks!!
  2. mmitt

mmitt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Try running it in compatability mode with XP (service pack 2) under properties.
  3. crazyfred02

crazyfred02 New Member

thanks for the reply but I had tried this before...
  4. encrypt

encrypt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  5. crazyfred02

crazyfred02 New Member

I have tried that too and still doesnt work. I tried in windows 7 and it is recongzied in DFU mode but I cant get the screen to turn white!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    The problem is I have no xp 32 bits or any other operating system 32 bits
  6. encrypt

encrypt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Update: I tried an older version of libsub.. didn't work either.
    I guess we will have to wait..
  7. Pwnzorz

Pwnzorz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have the same problem as you all do guys... tough luck.
    My question is, is that I have a 32 bit laptop that I have never synced with and don't use to sync it. Is there a way to make it so it won't sync and I can just use that machine to do the jailbreak then sync on my 64 bit I'm on right now?
  8. NdranC

NdranC New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh man! I wasn't expecting this.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I got an idea, and im gonna try it later and see if it works. I read in another forum that jailbreak can be done through a virtualized windows XP (im talking of iphone/it1g jailbreaks, and under ubuntu). Maybe we could virtualize a windows xp under vista and try to jailbreak from there? Im posting this because i want to know if this has been tested before, or if someone knows outright it wont work.

If i get any possitive results im gonna post them, in the mean while, im off to google it.
  9. encrypt

encrypt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, I had the same idea and tested it.
    It didn't work, because there's a step where you need to unplug your ipod (to get the white screen). And when you do this, ipod first connects to your local machine and then (i tried with VMWARE) you have to select to connect the ipod to the virtual machine again.. and this doesn't work.. i don't know why, it just doesn't. But when you're outside of the white screen (in dfu mode) it worked.
  10. NdranC

NdranC New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ... I was just reinstalling VMWARE... well thanks... I never jailbroked an ipod before (my first) but so far isn't there a way i can make this work without this LibUSB? Besides Using XP? I still have a windows xp copy, but my laptop is pretty new, and i feel like it porbably most of the hardware is not gonna work if i install xp.

Oh i got another question, if i use a friends computer to jailbreak, does the "step" where i got to re-patch my ipod if i turn it off needs that libusb installed? I havent yet take a close look to the jailbreak process because i stumble with this really dissapoiting thread

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thx for the quick answer.

PS: English is not my first language so maybe you will find some incoherent sentences here and there, i apologize for that.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    After a closer look on the jailbreak guide, i noticed this was already fixed.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Disable-Driver-Signing-in-x64-Windows-Vista-53491.shtml

Just follow the instructions there and all should work just fine.

After i jailbreak my ipod ill post feedback.