[Windows]Run RS PC Dongle..To make life easier..

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by MadroxABK, Mar 3, 2009.

1. MadroxABK

MadroxABK New Member

UPDATE[Windows]Run RS PC Dongle..To make life easier..

Ok, This application was something I not only made for boredom sake, but also to make it quicker to get the run rs command to the iPod from the PC, This is not a program that will rejailbreak your iPod with the run rs command intact. It is just to make it easier for those of us who do have the option. Again it was just for fun, and i would love any feedback, negative or positive. I know this is not of huge use, but eh..made things easier for me, maybe for you too...

The RunRSPCDongle.rar file not only includes my RunRS PC dongle, but also redj0hnny by: gojohnnyboi because it works off of it, like a piggy-back, and i believe his irecovery replacement works better and faster. All you need to do is extract both files into a folder and run the RunRS.exe file, click Boot, and you run rs enabled iPod 2g will boot.

All Credit for redj0hnny goes to gojohnnyboi, Thank you for the nice replacement.

Thanks for your time,
    ~Madrox

Update (RunRSPCDongle 1.5) 3/4/09 NEW custom GUI and bug fixes. This is a quick update to the previous version of my RunRSPCDongle. The update includes a cleaner and custom GUI, and some bug fixes, along with the deletion of the file created by the dongle upon closing the application. The 2 greyish icons in the app are the controls. The one to the right runs the boot run rs sequence, and the one to the left is the exit application control which upon exiting deletes the bat file created by the application. If there are any bugs you can find with the program please let me know in the ipod touch fans forum. 3/5/09 Did a quick recode in C# so it now runs faster!

Please Register or Log in to view images

The custom skin was created by me in photoshop the screen image is just a basic screenshot of my ipod.

Thank you,

~Madrox

Attached Files:

2. crdnilfan

crdnilfan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    sorry, but aren't there already tons of programs that do this?
  3. MadroxABK

MadroxABK New Member

Well, maybe there is, i was merely distributing my version that happened to make it one step easier on me...and thought hmm..well maybe it could make it easier on others...maybe i am wrong? maybe i am right?

~Madrox
  4. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    looks good, well done
  5. jailbreak123

jailbreak123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Would use it but already have one
  6. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ima test it
  7. neetan

neetan Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    didnt work for me because i have to use the commands each time to boot up my ipod from recovery mode not dfu
  8. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    No Libusb?
  9. MadroxABK

MadroxABK New Member

Thanks, for the feed back, and yes libusb is now included for those who need it. Thanks for the suggestion, I totally forgot about it.

~Madrox
  10. MadroxABK

MadroxABK New Member

New 3/4/09 update

I've posted a new update to the application which includes a cleaner and custom GUI and some bug fixes, please read, and as always any feedback is appreciated! Thank you to all that downloaded the previous version and gave me feedback. =D

thanks,
    ~Madrox
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    3/5/09 Did a quick recoding in C# to make it run faster, with some other adjustments. Also new control layout for a cleaner look on the eyes. =D