Windows Mobile 7 on iPhone/iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'Android Chat' started by Saphiresurf, May 22, 2010.

1. Saphiresurf

Saphiresurf Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The Windows Mobile 7 was leaked (or so i heard) and has been ported to the HTC HD2 already. Using openiboot (and of course anyone that can port WM7) you might be able to get an iPhone or iPod Touch (or eventualy iPad) to run WM7. Weird to think of it though because if this is achieved before winter (or whenever there releasing it. i think christmas) then we get to hae WM7 before the device comes out that this OS was meant to be on. Anyways if there are things contradicting this (aside from the obvious reasons) then please post them. Anyways i hope someone thinks they can port this!
  2. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hypothetically speaking If this is ever possible to do, it will only be compatible with the iphone 4G and g4 ipod and up, and will of course require a hardware level exploit (bootrom) iboot could work also but i am not sure about that

Since Microsoft set some standards for windows phone 7 minimum requirements. To protect the brand quality, avoiding it to laing on crappy pocket pcs. The requirements include a 1gz processor and 256 or 512mb or ram i don't remember etc.
  3. Saphiresurf

Saphiresurf Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    oh yea that would make sense. interesting if it could be done when the iphone 4g and ipod g4 come out.
  4. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah but to do that we would need a bootrom exploit which not even the 3rd gen device have, although iboot could work (not sure though)
  5. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's most likely it impossible, WM is closed code so it's hard to make any drivers for it without Microsoft permission and looking that even in Linux that is open sourced it taked 1-2 year to run something useful it's really hard to think about
  6. Saphiresurf

Saphiresurf Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yea that's true. Does the HTC HD2 have similar hardware or something? cause if it would take that long to make a port its impossible for that guy to have put WM7 on there in the time frame the rom was leaked to present day.

EDIT: Nevermind it looks like they planned it to be on the HTC HD2

EDIT #2: nevermind (again) it looks like he did hack it (http://www.worsttech.com/hack/htc-hd2-runs-windows-mobile-7-1102241.html)
  7. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You can see on status site

Please Register or Log in to view images

iPhone got quite common GPU and Radio chipsets (this is why they get support faster), most problem is touch input chipset called zephyr2.
  8. Saphiresurf

Saphiresurf Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  9. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Openiboot needs an iboot exploit hence the name openiboot.
  10. Saphiresurf

Saphiresurf Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    what for the WM7 os?