Windows Media Player Plugin

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kams.13, Sep 7, 2008.

1. kams.13

kams.13 New Member

I'd like to appologize in advance for starting a thread which has already been addressed - but I was not satisfied with the responses in the other threads.

As you can tell by the Title, I'm looking for a way to sync my ipod touch with WMP (i have Vista, and WMP11). Using the MGTEK (or whatever it's called) doesn't really work for the ipod touch because you still need to have itunes on the computer (you must have quicktime and itunes helper which ask you to install itunes or else they won't work)

My problem is, I'm often using computers that don't have itunes, and are not able to have itunes installed on them (eg work computer, school computer) so using MGTEK doesn't work for that.

itunes itself is a great program, i think, it does everything i need it to do, and easily. I dont find it troublesome, except that it doesn't come installed on microsoft PC's (which is what i have - and most of the working and educational worlds have)

I've looked on the web, but im still a novice - and i keep finding people who say things like "There is lots of software out there that will allow you to sync WMP and ipod, but you have to pay for it" -- well thats all fine and dandy, but they didnt say what the software is - im not asking if there is FREEWARE out there, im asking if there is ANYTHING that will allow me to sync ipod touch to WMP WITHOUT ITUNES WHAT-SO-EVER

Thanks for any help,
    Kelsey
  2. scottyy

scottyy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    if your computers at school/work dont let you install itunes its not likely that a plugin to sync with media player will install either unfortunately. but why do you want it to sync with media player anyways? do you have songs on your other computers you use?
  3. kams.13

kams.13 New Member

Well my school computers WILL download and install itunes but it takes longer, and every time i long off the computer it will disappear. So if I have a patch for WMP then it'll be not so bad.

I want to be able to sync with WMP so that i can take my music (flash drive) to school and when i have a 4 hour break between classes i can go to a computer, install a patch and load my music.

I can't go home cuz i dont go to school in the same town i live in.