[WINDOWS] Jailbreaking Firmware 2.0 / 2.0.1 / 2.0.2 with QuickPwn [1G iPod Touch]

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Gitykins, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

YES, I WILL BE UPDATING WITH INSTRUCTIONS ON WINPWN 2.5 ASAP. I'll have time maybe by this Friday.

Table of Contents

First post - 2.0 QuickPwn + WinPwn, 2.0.1 WinPwn
    Second post - 2.0.1 QuickPwn and 2.0.2 QuickPwn

Sticky-icky-icky

2.0, WinPwn Restore needed

1) Download WinPwn 2.0.0.4 from HERE ([PIRACY.rs])
    * Uninstall all previous version of WinPwn before installing the new one. This will cause many errors if you do not follow this step!

2) Download or find the 2.0 firmware file. If you have downloaded it through iTunes, you can find it on your computer at the following directories:
    * VISTA: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates
    * XP: C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates

2a) If you need to download it Google for the corresponding firmware name:
    * iPod Touch: iPod1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw
    * 2G iPhone: iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw
    * 3G iPhone: iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw

3) Open WinPwn 2.0.0.4
    * If you are on Vista, you must right-click the program and select "Run as Administrator" for the application to function properly

4) Select the "Browse .ipsw" option, and find the firmware file either at the directory you downloaded it to, or the previously mentioned iTunes directories

Please Register or Log in to view images

6) Options to select
    * iPod Touch User and unlocked 2G users: Select Cydia, Installer, and the YouTube fix from Applications, and make the root parition size 500MB. Then hit the "Build .ipsw" in the bottom-left hand corner.

* iPhone 2G and 3G AT&T/Rogers users: Select Cydia and Installer, and make the root parition size 500MB. Then hit the "Build .ipsw" in the bottom-left hand corner.

7) Select a destination folder for your .ipsw (Desktop, easiest), and then hit "OK". Wait patiently for the .ipsw creation to finish. A message will pop up when it is done creating the file.

8) Return to the main WinPwn GUI, and select the option labeled "iPwner". Open the custom firmware when it asks you to, and then wait for the message that reads "Your iTunes has been Pwned!"

9) Exit WinPwn and re-check that your device is plugged in. Open iTunes, and wait for it to recognize your device

10) Put your device in DFU mode by following these directions
    * Turn your device off and wait 10 seconds
    * Hold down both the power and home buttons for 10 seconds
    * Release the power button after the 10 seconds, and hold the home button until the device is recognized by iTunes and it says it is in recovery mode
    *** Note: Your screen should stay the same color the entire time after turning it off. If it turns on or you get the "Connect to iTunes" screen, then make sure your device is firmly connected, and that your buttons are functioning correctly and are being held in firmly as well
    *** To test if you are truley in DFU, hold the power button for 10 seconds while still connected to the computer after it was recognized by iTunes. If it does not turn on, then you are in DFU

11) Hold down the "Shift" button, and select "Restore" from the iPod screen in iTunes. Find your custom firmware that you created, and then open it. Wait for the iPod to restore (Should take 5-30 minutes), and you will have the App Store, 2.0 firmware, Cydia, and Installer on your device

12) If this tutorial worked for you, post it here! I enjoy reading your thanks. If you have any problems with anything after jailbreaking or a little bit of use, PM and I'll be happy to help as best I can. I've come across most problems and might be able to help you find a solution!

*******THANKS TO ipodgamez for the DFU method.

2.0, QuickPwn No restore needed

To get QuickPwn, download it Here (.zip) and Here (.zip)

1) Download or find yourself a copy of the 2.0 firmware (See step 2 of above guide)

2) Make sure you are on a clean 2.0 firmware. You do not need to restore before this if you don't want to lose music, contacts, etc, but it is recommended.

3) Extract the contents of the .zip above to a folder on your Desktop

4) Put the 2.0 firmware file into the fol,der you extracted the .zip to

5) Plug your iPod in, but close iTunes when it pops up

6) For safety, open the task manager and close all processes that contain the words "Apple", "iTunes", or "iPod"

7) Run the QuickPwnGUI120.exe

8) Select "iPod Touch" from the GUI that pops up (Or "iPhone" for 2G, "iPhone 3G" for 3G)

9) Select "Browse" and find the 2.0 firmware file when the next step appears

10) Select the "Add Cydia" and "Add Installer". If you want the Pwnapple boot logo, then select "Replace Boot Logos". If not, deselect

11) Select "Go!" and get ready to roll

12) A command line should pop up. Be patient with it, it takes a while to take in and prepare all the data. You will have to answer some questions and follow some directions. It's not to difficult, so I'll leave you on your own. If you need help, PM me or ask me to post it.
    * Do not exit until it closes automatically. As soon as the "Processes" part starts, you can release the home button.

13) If this tutorial worked for you, post it here! I enjoy reading your thanks. If you have any problems with anything after jailbreaking or a little bit of use, PM and I'll be happy to help as best I can. I've come across most problems and might be able to help you find a solution!

2.0.1, WinPwn Restore needed

1) Download WinPwn 2.0.0.4 from HERE ([PIRACY.rs])
    * Uninstall all previous version of WinPwn before installing the new one. This will cause many errors if you do not follow this step!

2) Download or find the 2.0.1 firmware file. If you have downloaded it through iTunes, you can find it on your computer at the following directories:
    * VISTA: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates
    * XP: C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates

2a) If you need to download it Google for the corresponding firmware name:
    * iPod Touch: iPod1,1_2.0.1_5B108_Restore.ipsw
    * 2G iPhone: iPhone1,1_2.0.1_5B108_Restore.ipsw
    * 3G iPhone: iPhone1,2_2.0.1_5B108_Restore.ipsw

3) Open WinPwn 2.0.0.4
    * If you are on Vista, you must right-click the program and select "Run as Administrator" for the application to function properly

4) Select the "Browse .ipsw" option, and find the firmware file either at the directory you downloaded it to, or the previously mentiod iTunes directories

6) Options to select
    * iPod Touch User and unlocked 2G users: Select Cydia, Installer, and the YouTube fix from Applications, and make the root parition size 500MB. Then hit the "Build .ipsw" in the bottom-left hand corner.

* iPhone 2G and 3G AT&T/Rogers users: Select Cydia and Installer, and make the root parition size 500MB. Then hit the "Build .ipsw" in the bottom-left hand corner.

7) Select a destination folder for your .ipsw (Desktop, easiest), and then hit "OK". Wait patiently for the .ipsw creation to finish. A message will pop up when it is done creating the file.

8) Return to the main WinPwn GUI, and select the option labeled "iPwner". Open the custom firmware when it asks you to, and then wait for the message that reads "Your iTunes has been Pwned!"

9) Exit WinPwn and re-check that your device is plugged in. Open iTunes, and wait for it to recognize your device

10) Put your device in DFU mode by following these directions
    * Turn your device off and wait 10 seconds
    * Hold down both the power and home buttons for 10 seconds
    * Release the power button after the 10 seconds, and hold the home button until the device is recognized by iTunes and it says it is in recovery mode
    *** Note: Your screen should stay the same color the entire time after turning it off. If it turns on or you get the "Connect ot iTunes" screen, then make sure your device is firmly connected, and that your buttons are functioning correctly and are being held in firmly as well
    *** To test if you are truley in DFU, hold the power button for 10 seconds while still connected to the computer after it was recognized by iTunes. If it does not turn on, then you are in DFU

11) Hold down the "Shift" button, and select "Restore" from the iPod screen in iTunes. Find your custom firmware that you created, and then open it. Wait for the iPod to restore (Should take 5-30 minutes), and you will have the App Store, 2.0.1 firmware, Cydia, and Installer on your device

12) If this tutorial worked for you, post it here! I enjoy reading your thanks. If you have any problems with anything after jailbreaking or a little bit of use, PM and I'll be happy to help as best I can. I've come across most problems and might be able to help you find a solution!
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

2.0.1, QuickPwn No restore needed

To get QuickPwn, download it Here (.zip) and here (.zip) FOR 32 BIT USERS

64 Bit Users Download THIS only

1) Download or find yourself a copy of the 2.0.1 firmware (See step 2 of first guide)
    * iPod Touch File Name: iPod1,1_2.0.1_5B108_Restore.ipsw
    * iPhone 2G: iPhone1,1_2.0.1_5B108_Restore.ipsw
    * iPhone 3G: iPhone1,2_2.0.1_5B108_Restore.ipsw

2) Make sure you are on a clean 2.0.1 firmware. YOU NEED TO BE ON 2.0.1 TO USE THIS TUTORIAL. IT WILL NOT UPGRADE FOR YOU. YOU CANNOT USE THIS TUTORIAL FROM 1.1.1/2/3/4 You do not need to restore before this if you don't want to lose music, contacts, etc, but it is recommended.

3) Extract the contents of BOTH of the .zip's above to a folder on your Desktop

4) Put the 2.0.1 firmware file into the folder you extracted the .zip to

6) For safety, open the task manager and close all processes that contain the words "Apple", "iTunes", or "iPod"

8) Select "iPod Touch" from the GUI that pops up (Or "iPhone" for 2G, "iPhone 3G" for 3G)

9) Select "Browse" and find the 2.0.1 firmware file when the next step appears

10) Select the "Add Cydia" and "Add Installer". If you want the Pwnapple boot logo, then select "Replace Boot Logos". If not, deselect

12) A command line should pop up. Be patient with it, it takes a while to take in and prepare all the data. You will have to answer some questions and follow some directions. It's not to difficult, so I'll leave you on your own. If you need help, PM me or ask me to post it.
    * Do not exit until it closes automatically. As soon as the "Processes" part starts, you can release the home button.

13) If this tutorial worked for you, post it here! I enjoy reading your thanks. If you have any problems with anything after jailbreaking or a little bit of use, PM and I'll be happy to help as best I can. I've come across most problems and might be able to help you find a solution!

2.0.2, QuickPwn No restore needed

To get QuickPwn, download it Here (.zip) and here (.zip) for 32 BIT USERS

64 Bit Users Download THIS only

1) Download or find yourself a copy of the 2.0.2 firmware (See step 2 of first guide)
    * iPod Touch File Name: iPod1,1_2.0.2_5C1_Restore.ipsw
    * iPhone 2G: iPhone1,1_2.0.2_5C1_Restore.ipsw
    * iPhone 3G: iPhone1,2_2.0.2_5C1_Restore.ipsw

2) Make sure you are on a clean 2.0.2 firmware. YOU NEED TO BE ON 2.0.2 TO USE THIS TUTORIAL. IT WILL NOT UPGRADE FOR YOU. YOU CANNOT USE THIS TUTORIAL FROM 1.1.1/2/3/4. You do not need to restore before this if you don't want to lose music, contacts, etc, but it is recommended.

3) Extract the contents of both of the .zip's above to a folder on your Desktop

4) Put the 2.0.2 firmware file into the folder you extracted the .zip to

9) Select "Browse" and find the 2.0.2 firmware file when the next step appears

3. rileyman

rileyman Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    do we really need another guide?
  4. CurlyCarlos

CurlyCarlos New Member

When it's good like this one, yes.
  5. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Considering the intelligence of the.... Nevermind.

Yes.

6. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    this looks like a good guide! thank you!
  7. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I still do not understand unlocking and activating a 2G iPhone.

I have at&t but do not have an iPhone plan. Why am I not selecting unlock and activate? How is my jailbroken 2.X firmware unlocked and activated?

Can someone please answer this question for me?
  8. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Like I said, I was fairly bored and thought I might be able to crank out a likeable guide.

Guess not :/
  9. Jeatin

Jeatin New Member

The only problem I have is not being able to resize the app partition.
  10. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

BAMP + 2.0.1 WinPwn done.... working on QuickPwn.

If half of the pictures seem blank, just refresh the page.