Windows ipod touch to Mac

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by DarkKnIgHt007, Aug 11, 2010.

1. DarkKnIgHt007

DarkKnIgHt007 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    First of all I know this question has been posted elsewhere but the solutions were not helpful.

I recently purchased a Macbook Pro to replace my old windows XP computer. I added all my music, videos, and apps to my ipod touch (2G 4.0) because I expected that when I plugged in my ipod it would ask if I want to replace the itunes with whats on my ipod. This did not happen. I was wondering if there is a program for mac that will allow me to copy all of my music vids apps to the new itunes easily.
    I know you can transfer purchases but a lot of my songs are not from itunes so that would be a pain.

If thats not possible I have a 2gig flash drive that, if someone would guide me through the copy pasting process, i could add my stuff from my windows and paste it into my mac itunes.

Thanks!
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Connect both computers to the same network. Turn on Network sharing in system preferences, go into file sharing, go to the advanced options button (It might not say advanced options exactly). You'll have 3 radio buttons, select the option that says "Windows" in it in the description. Select your account from the menu underneath. Type in your password. Go to your Music Folder on the Mac. Power Click and select get info. Select the sharefolder option. Go to permissions and enable everyone to read and write in the menu.

On the Windows computer, go to network (Vista/7) or My Network Places (XP). Let it load. Go into Your Mac (It'll either say Macintosh or the name of your Mac Computer). If it doesn't show up (Refresh). Select Music. Copy your music and files over.

Drag and drop everything back into iTunes. If you are SYNCING (Not manually selecting your music) then that is the only thing that won't sync. You're apps will sync flawlessly. If you are not using your Windows computer anymore, don't forget to deauthorize it.
  3. DarkKnIgHt007

DarkKnIgHt007 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thats awesome man thanks!